• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today is Madelyn's fifth birthday

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Today is Madelyn's fifth birthday. She is my princess and she enjoys sitting on my lap and having her long fur groomed.
She is an extra fuzzy white lionhead mix with tan makings on her ears, nose, tail, and a few spots on her side.
When she was still very young she got eye uncers and she was surrendered to a rescue that accepted small animals with medical problems (hamsters, mice, guinea pigs mostly). After months of treatment in foster care and a spay she was finally available for adoption.
When I first saw her picture on a web site, I was searching for a pair of male netherland dwarfs. She caught my eye, though it took me several more days to call the rescue to see if she was still available. Thankfully, she did not get adopted at her first adoption event at the pet supply store just days before my call. I arranged to see her at a pet supply store close to my home.
My spouse and I went to see her and I was surprised to see how fuzzy she was. She was so clean and fluffy. Then I sat on the floor and put her on a box in front of me so I could check her over. She was such a good girl. I sat on the floor and gave her pets and she enjoyed the attention. I wondered, "Is this her real personality or is she just scared?" She was brought in with a pink litterbox and a pink fleece. The man who brought her said she was 'mostly' littertrained (she missed a few poos) and he ask that I get her a fleece quilt. I asked if I could purchase her little pink littrbox since it was a perfect size and he called his wife who said yes.
Soon I was sending my spouse to the car to get the carrier as I filled out paperwork and paid her adoption fee.
When she first arrived home she was kept away from Heidi, the black mini rex I adopted the year before, and Amigo,, my late 14 year old netherland dwarf. A few weeks later, she got to meet Amigo and it was love at first sight. Amigo was small and frail, so I could not put them together, plus she would eat all his food. Amigo would perk up when she was near him and Madelyn liked him too, running to sit next to him, just as she did hours before he passed. When we got Dash and Evan, my little ND bunnies with GI issues, Madelyn liked Dash. She still misses Dash and we comfort each other.

I am so grateful Madelyn was rescued and got the medical care she deserved. She is the complete package. She is like sunlight even when it is raining.

Madelyn has made donations to her rescue on each of her birthdays, though this year that is not possible because her rescue had to stop operating out of their home. Instead we will donate to the cat rescue requested by the people who operated the rescue.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Madelyn :love: she sounds lovely and I’m so glad you bring each other comfort :love:

Happy Birthday Madelyn :love: I like " She is like sunlight even when it is raining" - lovely words :love:

Back