• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi!

Mella

Young Bun
Hi, I'm Milly and I live in West Yorkshire and recently moved into a house with my partner. We both moved from houses with pets and I recently put my horse out on loan so we were missing having something furry around the house so settled on house rabbits! We recently acquired Percival (approx 2-3 months old and of unknown breeding) hes very shy and clearly hasn't been well handled previous to coming to us. Hes coming around with bribes of food but still very nervous. Next month we are picking up two little girls, Luna and Astrid, from an accidental litter over in rotherham. They are mini lop X mini rex (and absolutely gorgeous) the plan is to try and bond the three after percy is castrated. The three will be house rabbits and will have the back room of the house to themselves when we're not in and hopefully be allowed to roam when we are. We're both new to bunny keeping and advice is always welcome x

The cage is very much temporary! He gets supervised play time put of the cage just the room isn't yet bunny proof so he cant quite free range in it yet
92b0334663e0755fd4bc30dbcbd907e2.jpg
4add4c14871144032118388e59cb565c.jpg
72e416fb388b8e77da1add021c4825c9.jpg
c05b2f97cb98508a07b70d7237352904.jpg
1ea081634fa5dcc58e866c92564e66b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome. I am sure you will love having Rabbits as pets. They are lovely animals. There is a wealth of information on the Rabbit Welfare Association's website, please take some time to have a read. Your 2 future girls should get along with the boy but would most likely need to be spayed for them to live harmoniously as girls tend to start falling out when they get to 5 months or so. Also bunnies needs 2 vaccinations given 2 weeks apart. Try to find a Vet who is experienced with Rabbits as not all Vets know a lot about them.

Already on it with the vets, I'm quite lucky to live in close range of three different vets recommended by RWAF so that's not a worry at all, one being abbey house in Morley [emoji106]

Hi and welcome. Always a good way to introduce yourself to the forum - cuteness overload.
Luna and Astrid look extremely inquisitive bunnies so it looks like you'll have plenty of photo opportunities for them.
Please feel free to dip in and out of the various threads and get a feel for what is going on. There is always plenty of advice and guidance and we all love cuteness photos.

Hello and welcome :wave: your bunnies are just gorgeous :love: I hope you enjoy the forum, lots of information and friendly folk on here. I look forward to hearing more about your bunnies :D

Thanks for the lovely welcome guys, I assure you there will be many adorable bunny photos while these three grow up!

They are lovely bunnies. It's a good idea to get them used to using a litter tray whilst young. A lot of folk use the underbed storage boxes, put some litter at the bottom then top up with hay, as bunnies like to chew and pooh!

Honestly I'm in love with them all (my boyfriend picked Luna out though) [emoji23]

Gorgeous photos, love the tongue in the first picture! Hope they’re all settling in well. Welcome to the forum x

Were picking up the girls in a couple of weeks and I'm super excited. Percy is massively coming out of his shell, bless him. [emoji4]

Back