• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Call the RSPCA, the RWAF, no go to the Top, Call the Queen...........................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.................Jane has put me on a DIET :shock:

opdDzNH.jpg

I 'only' weigh 5.12kg and apparently my maximum weight should be under 5kg. Bunsonally I think it is criminal to ration my food portions :evil: In the words of Meghan Trainor ' "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night" ;)

.................Jane has put me on a DIET :shock:

opdDzNH.jpg

I 'only' weigh 5.12kg and apparently my maximum weight should be under 5kg. Bunsonally I think it is criminal to ration my food portions :evil: In the words of Meghan Trainor ' "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night" ;)

Tui here, Aoife:

*Sighs* yes, we've had to endure that nonsense here too recently :roll: I think she's given up though, as my man Tethra, needs to maintain his weight and it was all getting a bit too difficult to control properly. Thank goodness for hay, for some reason they all seem reluctant to restrict that it seems. Bon courage!

Mulberry agrees and does a double take at the pic. It must be a white bunny thing...nothing at all to do with eating too much...:lol:

Someone needs to tell Penelope about the word diet [emoji849] she weighs 4.5kg, Apricot weighs 3.6kg [emoji38] Penelope is bigger but Idk.. [emoji38]

My real problem is Clementine, she weighs 4.4kg [emoji849] Atticus weighs 3kg... I managed to pick two different breeds which are super duper greedy without realising it [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Is she much overweight, I know it's hard to tell from pictures, but she looks perfect [emoji7] whereas one look at Clementine and it's obvious she's carrying too much weight [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Freddie had the fat-shaming talk at the vet a couple of weeks ago. [emoji85][emoji23] We've been free feeding Oliver and I think Freddie's been taking way too much advantage of the eat all you like buffet! He's still a growing lad so we're just cutting his portions back a little and letting him grow into the excess flab. [emoji23]

Freddie had the fat-shaming talk at the vet a couple of weeks ago. [emoji85][emoji23] We've been free feeding Oliver and I think Freddie's been taking way too much advantage of the eat all you like buffet! He's still a growing lad so we're just cutting his portions back a little and letting him grow into the excess flab. [emoji23]
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Poor Freddie [emoji38]

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Poor Freddie [emoji38]

He's fuming! [emoji23] He's a lot more active now too, to be fair, so that will probably help. As I type, he and Oliver are chasing each other up and down the stairs. It sounds like a herd of elephants and my neighbours will probably get me evicted but it's all good fun. [emoji23]

He's fuming! [emoji23] He's a lot more active now too, to be fair, so that will probably help. As I type, he and Oliver are chasing each other up and down the stairs. It sounds like a herd of elephants and my neighbours will probably get me evicted but it's all good fun. [emoji23]
Hahahaha oh that mental picture [emoji38][emoji38]

Are they good buddies? :)

I am now embarking on a Pot 'sit-in' and I refuse to move until food rations are restored to normal..................

AMijLmK.jpg

Someone needs to tell Penelope about the word diet [emoji849] she weighs 4.5kg, Apricot weighs 3.6kg [emoji38] Penelope is bigger but Idk.. [emoji38]

My real problem is Clementine, she weighs 4.4kg [emoji849] Atticus weighs 3kg... I managed to pick two different breeds which are super duper greedy without realising it [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Is she much overweight, I know it's hard to tell from pictures, but she looks perfect [emoji7] whereas one look at Clementine and it's obvious she's carrying too much weight [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I think ideally she should be no more than 4.8kg maximum. So she's not exactly obese, but I weigh my Buns once a week and Aoife's weight has been creeping up and up. As has Endeavour's so he's on a diet too !!

I think ideally she should be no more than 4.8kg maximum. So she's not exactly obese, but I weigh my Buns once a week and Aoife's weight has been creeping up and up. As has Endeavour's so he's on a diet too !!
Awh bless them [emoji38] they'll be upset, a rex and a cali... Lock your bedroom door tonight [emoji38] it's like Clementine her perfect weight was always 3.6kg (which is a lot for a rex anyway [emoji38]) Idk how to get her to lose any tbh, her diet is hay and veg (which is necessary) she moves a bit more with encouragement, but without that she is a loaf most of the time [emoji38]

Our late Black Velvet, a black mini rex, ate everything she could. She was not a very active bunny even before she gained weight. To add to her weight issue, y spouse would give her extra pellets whenever she begged. Eventually she became very wide near her shoulders (she weighed 3kg as a MINI rex) and Black Velvet had to go on a diet. I also tried to get her more active, by bothering her until she ran to the other side of the area and then I would bother her until she moved back again (I would get winded). The hardest part was keeping my spouse from caving and giving her pellets when she would come to him and beg. It was a good day when she was weighed and she lost 0.5kg. Eventually she lost another 0.5kg. Throughout most of her long life we had to monitor her weight closely.
I remember sitting at the kitchen table having a snack with Black Velvet looking at me as if to say, "Why don't you put yourself on a diet too."

My current girls, Heidi (a black mini-rex) and Madelyn (a lionhead mix) also tend to gain weight and are trending to being overweight.. As you suggested, Jane, I purchased a baby scale and I regularly weigh all my bunnies.

Last edited:
Matt's was initially worried about the bunnies' weight, as they seem too skinny because he can feel their spines, but I reassured him it's normal :) I'm very lucky with them, they're consistently the same weight even though they're different shapes (they work out the same size in the end) and they've fluctuated 2.3-2.5kg, which is hardly anything.

Poor Aoife, though! Is Endeavour also anti-hunger striking? :lol:

Maple, Mouseypie and Lillian would like to know if they are rexes as they are all on the chunk side?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Maple, Mouseypie and Lillian would like to know if they are rexes as they are all on the chunk side?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

They may have a rogue Rex Gene lurking about ! Endeavour says it's always the best excuse to use as if you have an 'enthusiastic appetite' and are consequently ' sturdy of stature' it's not your fault, its all in your genes :thumb: :lol:

Back