• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to disinfect non neutral area?

Hi everyone. As some of you are aware I am currently bonding all 5 of my rabbits. I'm hoping to move them back into their shed on Saturday. I worry though that they're all going to be territorial over the space. What should I clean it with? Is vinegar a good idea or should I go for a really good disinfectant? Might even paint the inside of the shed so it seems like a different place! Going to replace all the litter trays with new ones and try reorganise everything. Super nervous to move them as it's all going so well!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

When I moved Frosty and Fern into the bunny room, I removed all furniture and just had new litter trays from the bonding pen. I swept, hoovered and cleaned with Virkon disinfectant. Then I steam cleaned it with some white vinegar in the steam cleaner. The whole room reeked and in fact I had to air it off for a day until I could move them :lol: I used puppy pen panels to reduce the space to a similar size they’d had in the bonding pen. It went fine, Frosty had lived there before but he wasn’t territorial. When I did my quad bond the quad went into a new (to them all) shed and I reduced the area of it using panels then too.

Used white wine vinegar I think it's called? 50% that and 50% water, bought a big 5L bottle of it and use it for cleaning buns out normally, just make it up in a spray bottle.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I've used white vinegar every time, usually in a steam cleaner too!

It’s certainly very effective:thumb: permeates into everything. When OH came home later he was complaining that it smelt :lol:

Just used water and vinegar in their shed and kept dirty litter trays from the bonding pen. They were fine.

Back