• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benn Bun - went to the bridge 14th Oct 2017

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
It has been 2 long years today now since our dear sweet harlequin Ben passed to the bridge. Every day that passes, I feel the pain of an emptiness that I cannot explain. Every day, I shed a few tears for a rabbit so gentle and so unique, that it just seems so wrong he is not hear to continue to share his love with our rabbits. Ben was and is my soul bun. As much as I have had a few rabbits touch my world, none have done so or ever will, like Ben. I cannot explain why he was called to the bridge so soon after he lost his beloved wife bun Georgina. Their partnership and their love was something so special, that in life and in death they both had to share. I only hope that Ben found Georgina waiting for him when he went over the bridge, and that they met up with a whole host of other beautiful rabbits that have made that journey from their owners. It is tearful to write my small tribute to Ben - to let him know I think of him each and every day, my tears a reminder of how much Ben meant to me and how much his heart touched mine.
We rescued Ben from a small sanctuary - he seemed lost there. Something called me to Ben and I think he knew in his own way, that his forever home would be one that gave him a life full of love and life. What he didn't know was that he would share that with Georgina and form such a gentle and loving bond that made them inseperable.
Ben was a helicopter bun - that just added to his appeal. He loved hoomans - and he loved grooming hoomans. He was at home in the garden, chilling under a shady spot in the corner of the garden, just watching and listening. Ben loved food - carrots were a particular favorite. Every night he would wait patiently for his supper carrot. I miss that - so very much.
I wish I knew why Ben left us. That day haunts me every day. I grieve for Ben every day and remember him and who he was. I would give everything I have just to hold him one more time - see those beautuful soulful eyes and his wonderful helicopter ears. But Ben is asleep now - for eternity. Untill one day, that I might finally meet up with him and Georgina. Until then, Ben, sleep tight you beautiful boy. xxxx
3b6PpEM.jpg
[/IMG]
1519rFC.jpg
[/IMG]
BZMtd3F.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh Craig, what a beautiful tribute to a very special bunny. I'm so sorry that you lost your gorgeous boy, it's so hard when they have to leave us. I'm sure he is with his beloved Georgina now, but keeping a watchful eye over you too. Big hugs xxx

Thinking of you as you remember such a special and loved rabbit. I see from the date that he left you just before I lost my first rabbit, Spenser Milton. Anniversaries can be hard. xx

Back