• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a group of 5!!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've not been posting much but wanted to share my news that I'm attempting to bond all five of my rabbits, yes five!!

I currently have a pair (Primrose and Bertie) and a trio (Robin, Ruby and Scarlett). Ideally I'd like them all together because trying to keep the two groups separate is proving difficult. If they're all together they'll have much more space and it would be better for them all. Before I got Scarlett and Ruby, I'd attempted to bond Robin with Primrose and Bertie but it didn't work out, the boys hated each other. I'm thinking it was likely because they were fighting over the one girl. Now that the dynamic is different and there are 3 girls I'm hoping it will work. Please wish us luck!!

I took them out for a ten min drive together to get them used to each other and now they're in a cage in the bathroom. I feel so mean keeping them confined but I know it's better for them in the long run. A few nips here and there but nothing bad as of yet. Eeek I'm so nervous! Also I'm keeping the bathroom very cold as to not upset them with temperature changes. I've booked a week off work for this so praying it all goes well!

I'll keep you posted!

e26f81a607b89f846957e61a0fdb7d69.jpg

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Wow how exciting but also scary, good luck. I know nothing about bonding so would be sitting there watching constantly lol

Wow how exciting but also scary, good luck. I know nothing about bonding so would be sitting there watching constantly lol
Haha that's what I'm doing! I haven't left the bathroom in 5 hours! Update though, Primrose has now groomed Robin eeek! :love: They were nipping each other earlier so this is amazing!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Oh my :love: it must be weird not having your exceptional bonding skills tested in the usual way . You must be very proud. Paws crossed it continues

Back