• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling all white bunnies with nose stripes

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I will soon I promise! I'll have to make a new thread tho coz Atticus and Clementine definitely won't fit in here [emoji38] I'm a bit worried to post Atticus tbh, he's not how he used to be :(

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

awww, skinny boy. He's still loved & beautiful though. I'm sure we'll be grateful for any photos your happy to share

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I will soon I promise! I'll have to make a new thread tho coz Atticus and Clementine definitely won't fit in here [emoji38] I'm a bit worried to post Atticus tbh, he's not how he used to be :(

Aww Atticus we'll still love you :love:

Yes, what j&b and Pets mum said. :love: We won't judge, if that's what you're worried about, Graciee. We'd love seeing Atticus no matter how he looks. :love: No pressure, though.

It would be lovely to see some photos of your bunnies, Gracie, although I know how busy you are with other things :)

I'll post some soon, it's more just sad than worried, coz he just doesn't look like he did really, although tbh most of the stuff that upsets me when I cuddle him probably won't be that noticeable from a picture [emoji38] he's going to be going back soon to the vets and I think we'll be starting steroids. Him and Clementine will be 6 early March.
It would be lovely to see some photos of your bunnies, Gracie, although I know how busy you are with other things :)
Yea I've unfortunately had a recurrence of my medical issue I suffer with, so I've been very ill since mid December, and just getting worse. I'm having the tests done now though as it's just getting worse then I'll get treatment again, so I'm hoping I won't feel like this too much longer! Feeling so ill really takes it out of me especially when I've got a hectic life anyway [emoji38]

I'll post some soon, it's more just sad than worried, coz he just doesn't look like he did really, although tbh most of the stuff that upsets me when I cuddle him probably won't be that noticeable from a picture [emoji38] he's going to be going back soon to the vets and I think we'll be starting steroids. Him and Clementine will be 6 early March.

Yea I've unfortunately had a recurrence of my medical issue I suffer with, so I've been very ill since mid December, and just getting worse. I'm having the tests done now though as it's just getting worse then I'll get treatment again, so I'm hoping I won't feel like this too much longer! Feeling so ill really takes it out of me especially when I've got a hectic life anyway [emoji38]

That's really understandable that that makes you sad and upset, that he's not the same as he used to... :( I hope the steroids will help him if you and the vet deicide to do that.

And I'm really sorry you've been so very ill and have been getting worse. That's awful. :( I hope getting treatment again will help you feel better soon. It must be really hard to feel like that when you're so busy!

That's really understandable that that makes you sad and upset, that he's not the same as he used to... :( I hope the steroids will help him if you and the vet deicide to do that.

And I'm really sorry you've been so very ill and have been getting worse. That's awful. :( I hope getting treatment again will help you feel better soon. It must be really hard to feel like that when you're so busy!
Yea it's just he's a bag of bones now and his nails are so thin and brittle and his fur is like not right, it's hard to explain but he's a rex and it's not like normal rex fur anymore it's almost like it's been cut and had blunt ends.. It's dry too, never experienced it in an animal. If I'm honest I'm watching him very closely, I don't want him here a minute longer than he should be for my sake. He still has a great time though that's what's holding me back, but I just can't seem to support his body. He's actually suffering like me, what he eats he doesn't seem to absorb the nutrients from [emoji38] we'll see anyway!

Yea I've been like this since 21, it's not been fun!

Yea it's just he's a bag of bones now and his nails are so thin and brittle and his fur is like not right, it's hard to explain but he's a rex and it's not like normal rex fur anymore it's almost like it's been cut and had blunt ends.. It's dry too, never experienced it in an animal. If I'm honest I'm watching him very closely, I don't want him here a minute longer than he should be for my sake. He still has a great time though that's what's holding me back, but I just can't seem to support his body. He's actually suffering like me, what he eats he doesn't seem to absorb the nutrients from [emoji38] we'll see anyway!

Yea I've been like this since 21, it's not been fun!

Aw, Atticus... No wonder you get sad, seeing him like that... I definitely believe you keep a very close eye on his quality of life, since you always care so well for your bunnies, so I'm glad he's still having a great time. :love: I'm so sorry it's such a challenge to support his body, though... :( I hope maybe those steroids can make a difference. You and Atticus can start a support group, having the same issues. ;)

Yeah, I remember you've been mentioning your health problems for a long time now. I'm really sorry it's been so long and you're still dealing with it.

Hope you can get on top of your health issues Graicee.

Does Atticus' fur feel kind of stuck together / make a rasping noise if you seperate it with your fingers?
Skinny bunnies are stressful to manage - I think so anyway. Boo is too thin now, great appetite but I can't get her to gain

So 3.5 years since this thread started :lol: & I'm not sure we have drawn any conclusions about how the seasons impact (or not) on nose stripes?

Anyway Spring starts tomorrow & you know what that means

I'm thinking nose stripes are slowly changing all the time, not only when the seasons change. And I think ears and paws might be lighter in colour in winter. I have no scientific proof, though. :lol:

I'll try to get a picture of Sophie today for your further research.

I'm thinking nose stripes are slowly changing all the time, not only when the seasons change. And I think ears and paws might be lighter in colour in winter. I have no scientific proof, though. :lol:

I'll try to get a picture of Sophie today for your further research.

I look forward to it.

maybe we should post whenever stripes go strange - regardless of season.

Here is my beautiful Boobly bear, just now

z9R8RPnl.jpg

That's a very large Dandelion Boobly :lol: They're very lush at the moment aren't they.

My observations have been that I think Tui is the only one of the group that has a 'skirt', a line of the dark colour just above her tail. She has it at the moment and I don't think it ever goes away completely, just gets lighter in colour. I think this is probably an aberration though :)

Also a few months ago she sustained a tiny wound on her dark nose stripe, from the cat-flap, which took off the fur. When that healed, the new spot of fur was completely white and has remained so :)

I look forward to it.

maybe we should post whenever stripes go strange - regardless of season.
I think that's a good idea.

Aww, gorgeous Boo. :love: Those are some nice greens she has. Her nose stripe is getting a little bigger, isn't it?

Here's Sophie sitting on her bed yesterday:

Fdm3mxzh.jpg

That's a very large Dandelion Boobly :lol: They're very lush at the moment aren't they.

My observations have been that I think Tui is the only one of the group that has a 'skirt', a line of the dark colour just above her tail. She has it at the moment and I don't think it ever goes away completely, just gets lighter in colour. I think this is probably an aberration though :)

Also a few months ago she sustained a tiny wound on her dark nose stripe, from the cat-flap, which took off the fur. When that healed, the new spot of fur was completely white and has remained so :)

I'm picturing a nose stripe that looks like a domino. I vote you should treat self to a camera !

Back