• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We Did It

Beapig

Mama Doe
Hi guys!

Firstly, so sorry that I haven't been active on the forum in a little while. Life has just become so busy lately that I've struggled to find the time - I have lots to catch up on with you all <3

I have great news - we finally managed to bond our bunnies into a trio. It only took...8 months of failed attempts?!

20191008_151150 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

What I've learnt is that there's no 'one size fits all' when it comes to bonding rabbits. For us, it started off with putting the three of them in together. Jellybean was petrified of both of them so it didn't work. Then we tried putting her in with just Hamilton, and after several days of still being too scared to let him near her, they bonded. Then we tried putting the three of them back together, but Beatrice continued to attack Jellybean and she cowered and was far too scared.

Then we let them live side by side for several months, divided by a run, before trying again with Beatrice and Jellybean. The tables turned - a newly-confident Jellybean stood up for herself and Beatrice became scared of her. Finally, we bonded them all in their shed (not neutral territory) and this is the best it has gone yet, as we finally have them all living together.

It isn't perfect yet - they're all a little skittish around each other, but I think in a week they'll all be more settled and getting along just fine. I'm so pleased that things finally worked out in the end :love:

I hope you're all well, time for me to catch up on everyone's bunnies and adventures that I've missed out on!

brilliant! I'm really happy for you & your beautiful bunny family:love:

Its funny you should mention the non neutral territory, I don't think I've ever done this except when bonding Joey & Boo (hadn't heard of it previously). When I tried neutral for my trio it was a nightmare & I gave up after a week, when I introduced the potential quad on non claimed ground they were all majorly ill at ease & for my buns, this makes for scrappy rabbits. I made far better progress in the lounge which was very much their territory & base. When I bonded Rudey & Mouse I just plonked her 0n his side of the divide

I am so pleased for you BP. Your patience and dedication is shown right there and will blossom into the lives of those 3 gorgeous rabbits. Just keep dropping by with updates and photos please.

Back