Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which pellets?

Have the shelter said they don’t stick to a specific brand? The rescue I foster for always use burgess as standard although if the rabbits have been using a different brand prior to surrender we will feed that to start with then transition them over.

Thanks Casco. It sounds as if it will be a bit of trial and error then - I may not go for the largest bag!

I asked the shelter what they give them, and they said they use whatever has been donated. I'm wondering if I should start with a mix of muesli and pellets, because they've definitely been having some muesli and I've read somewhere that you shouldn't go straight from muesli to pellets.

Mama Doe

Personally, I wouldn't use muesli at all. Pellets should form quite a small part of the diet anyway, and the bunnies are used to a variety of brands. Pick a couple of small bags and see how it goes. I still use a mix of two brands as I've had problems when a recipe changes, or the size of pellets changes - it helps to smooth out the blips.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't use muesli at all. Pellets should form quite a small part of the diet anyway, and the bunnies are used to a variety of brands. Pick a couple of small bags and see how it goes. I still use a mix of two brands as I've had problems when a recipe changes, or the size of pellets changes - it helps to smooth out the blips.
    I agree

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea!