• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Microchipping

Buzzwizz619

Warren Scout
Has anyone had their bunnies microchipped conscious? My 2 atm were chipped by the RSPCA, I assume under GA when they went for their neutered.

I've got a female reserved from the bluecross but I don't think she is microchipped and i think that will get it done (it's abit weird apparently she's still with the owner until she's ready to be adopted)

Shes a lion head, I can easily get it done myself but we only have tracer chips which are the normal size ones and the needle is huge, easily 3-4mm we don't stock the micro size ones.

So to chip or not to chip?

All mine are chipped and most were done conscious at the vets.
Same :)

Rexes both conscious at the vets, and the white buns I adopted hadn't been chipped, so I took them back and they did it in front of me.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Joey & Boo from RSPCA & came micro chipped. Mouse we got done locally however at my normal vet I asked about Rudey being done & she said as its a stressful procedure she prefers to do it when under GA (for something else). If Rudey ever has a GA I'll get him done but otherwise not

I have one that has been chipped - probably via P@H (he's been to a few places before here, so I can't be certain), so not under GA.
I've never had one chipped at my vet as I didn't see the need, although all cats and dogs are done, even though the cats are indoors only.

to chip,or not to chip

Has anyone had their bunnies microchipped conscious? My 2 atm were chipped by the RSPCA, I assume under GA when they went for their neutered.

I've got a female reserved from the bluecross but I don't think she is microchipped and i think that will get it done (it's abit weird apparently she's still with the owner until she's ready to be adopted)

Shes a lion head, I can easily get it done myself but we only have tracer chips which are the normal size ones and the needle is huge, easily 3-4mm we don't stock the micro size ones.

So to chip or not to chip?
dear buxxwizz619,--even if there was no expense involved,i donot think I would need to do the micro-chip my rabbits,-dogs,cats more likely-[especially]--if they are outdoor..--most dvm,s check the animal for the chip.--I donot know what procedure is used,but I would hope there is at least a local anesthetic used,or-no- doing.--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

Last edited:
Back