• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sweet dreams Rudey

That brought more than a few tears to my eyes. Such an incredible and gentle bunny, with such an expressive face. His character really shone through in the video. Such a treasured and special memory of a remarkable and unique rabbit who I certainly will never forget. xx

Thanks Craig. He was funny with those treats, he'd be in a lifeless pool then as soon as he got a whiff of those he'd become all animated

Black bunnies are the best [emoji7]

Yea Fleur was basically not a rabbit at all.. She was more like a demanding puppy who wanted to be with you all the time [emoji38] here's a few of her :)

Sometimes the pictures of Rudey remind me of faces she used to pull, I can't really explain it but it's a certain look [emoji38]
27875b204154aac8626f8d3b2b78b83e.jpg
ddbf9c4b3e3477ce41774c9af92af365.jpg
f237a6f2abb435c396f8ea6095dcf853.jpg
47fabe4fa707dd4ddb254e86f0a84093.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

How beautiful was Fleur - like a rexy Rudey:love:

Thanks Jj

Lovely video. I found photos and videos of Spenser a great comfort when I lost him, and they still make me smile. xx

Lovely video. I found photos and videos of Spenser a great comfort when I lost him, and they still make me smile. xx

yeah I'm so glad I took lots (& lots) of photos him. I'm going to pick out my favourite & get it framed one day xx

That video is really precious. It's really comforting to watch that back and see what a spark he had at that stage. :love:

Such a beautiful video. He was a very very special bunny and you cared for him amazingly, cleaning up after his many accidents a day and getting up in the middle of the night, every night to feed him.
Graciee- Fleur was very special too x

I'm genuinely touched by how lovely some of you lot are - thank you.

Its weird isn't it - i'm coping better (still sob a few times a day) but then I feel guilty about feeling a bit better. It isn't the same without him. 16 months was not long enough, he died a few months short of his 6th birthday

Its weird isn't it - i'm coping better (still sob a few times a day) but then I feel guilty about feeling a bit better.
Glad you're doing a bit better, and that guilt is totally normal, I don't think any of us haven't felt it, that 'but SHOULD I feel better?' grasping sort of feeling.

16m isn't very long at all, but I'm glad you all found each other :)

I'm genuinely touched by how lovely some of you lot are - thank you.

Its weird isn't it - i'm coping better (still sob a few times a day) but then I feel guilty about feeling a bit better. It isn't the same without him. 16 months was not long enough, he died a few months short of his 6th birthday

Yeah, I'm with you fully there. 4 months down the line from Henry and I'm still weepy. It doesn't leave you. And in some ways it shouldn't. It's your way of treasuring and respecting Rudey and your way of connectuing with him. Everyone moves on at different paces - there is no hard and fast rule on that. If you feel weepy, that's ok, perfectly ok. It shows how much you care and how much he meant and nothing can replace that but it also shows what a dedicated, kind, and unselfish person you are. xx

Back