• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sweet dreams Rudey

Beautiful photo of Rudey and Mouse together, they were clearly very much in love xx

I'm glad Mouse is holding up ok. Lots of hugs for you and Bob. The rawness of the first few days is awful and I'm so sorry you're having to go through this [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

That is such a beautiful photo of the two of them, made me shed a few tears. So sorry, big hugs xx

That is a very moving photo or Rudey with Mousey. It is always special when you have bunnies with a magical bond that is beyond words, and it makes it all the more harder when that bond is broken from the loss of one. I have loved following Rudey's special journey with you and your bunnies - he really couldn't have found a better home in his life.
My thoughts are with you & sending you loads of hugs. xx

What a gorgeous photo of them both. You certainly have lots of precious memories and pictures to look back on. Sending lots more love to you & Bob, and lots of cuddles for Mouse xx

A wonderful and touching photo. What a precious memory. :love: Many more hugs coming your way. xxxxx

Earlier this week with his Mouseypie

nax0rFBl.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks to every one of you for your kind words. I feel lost. think Mousey is ok, think she found it stressful him being so poorly at the end. Trying to give her appropriate levels of attention. Shes eating ok xx
Such a beautiful picture xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

i miss my little black boy so much :(

I'd be lying if I said that missing him will get less over time. IME it is more a case of finding ways of living with the feeling of total loss. Some days are harder than others. There is no 'right' way to grieve. We are all different.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))) xx

Thank you all for your hugs & support

:cry::cry: His care has been a very big focus for you for many months, it's going to feel strange waking up and not immediately having to think about caring for him. So sorry you have lost your little treasure.

This is it I think. Thanks BB He has left a hole in my heart & a hundred holes in my daily activities. I want my lounge to smell of Rudey poop & pee again. Its all wrong

You've lost a big part of your routine in a time that almost demands sameness and routine :( That's bound to make it harder :( I think having given hands-on care to anything, rabbit, person, cat etc., you're much closer and the holes are so much bigger.

The biggest hugs from Matt and I, and nosebumps from Lopsy and Chibbs xxx

i miss my little black boy so much :(
Hugs :( xxx

It's so hard after caring for an animal or person 24/7 for a long time, then not having to anymore :( you feel lost and like you're missing a huge chunk of yourself somehow, on top of the grief :'(

I wish there was something I could say :( I've been thinking of you xxx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

thanks everybun - you are helping by being there. This is my first loss in the 5 years i've been on rU. thank you for your thoughts.

Mousey is being brave. Acting normal, good appetite, administered 4 sharp bites when i had to bathe her eyes. i swear she was upset to see Rudey so poorly at the end, she seemed to find it stressful & why wouldn't she. i'm sure she misses her snuggles & groomies but I sense she knew he had to go & it was right for him.

Mousey is old & arthritic. I'd be too scared of her getting hurt bonding to her another bunny with potential chasing / humping. i hope we can be enough for her xx

This is so sad, I am so so very sorry to hear your sad news :cry: :cry: Sending love to you both & Mouse xxxx

I keep coming back to this thread to add another reply but I'm not sure what to write. It's hard to find the words. I just want you to know that I am thinking of you xx

Back