Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet dreams Rudey

Sounds like they're sending the urine off so you can ask for a copy of the results, that will have the values and then the normal range. Try not to be alarmed if stuff seems to you to be out of the normal range but the vet says it's not significant. I get Jack's results like this and sometimes the vets only say for example his urine protein was high but to me other ranges are out of the normal but the vets know when it's not significant/there's a reason for this. Best of luck for rudey!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    There are various types of urinary crystals

http://eclinpath.com/urinalysis/crystals/

In Rabbits an abnormal pattern of involving Calcium oxalate monohydrate crystals is seen in cases of bladder sludge/stones I think

http://veterinarycalendar.dvm360.com...ts-proceedings

I'm sure your Rabbit Savvy Vet will explain everything to you in detail today
    wow - lots of types of crystals & lots of explanations. I'll check in with my vet when his lab results are back - thanks

Thanks Liz. I'm kinda expecting dodgy results as his bloods have already shown elevated urea & creatine He wasn't hypertensive & his glucose was normal which was considered positive but I don't know why. His wee doesn't look rabbity
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I'm finding it all very confusing - I need everything explaining from start to finish in very simplistic terms. The problem I guess is my vet is still trying to work out whats the cause

Results back. I wasn't expecting positive & negatives written. do they normally look like this

Please find in this email Rudy's urine results and our recommendations based on these as discussed over the phone.
    Leukocytes neg
    Nitrite neg
    Urobilinogen neg
    Protein +
    pH 8
    Blood neg
    Ketone neg
    Bilirubin neg
    Glucose neg

SG 1.015

Sediment exam: lots of aggregations of the Ca oxalate, no blood, few cocci

What does everybun think? xx

A negative Leukocytes means that there is no infection in the urinary tract. There are no white blood cells - white blood cells are the bodys defence mechanism so the lack of those means that there is no apparent infection there.
    Negative Nitrite means no bacterial infection - supporting the above.
    Not sure about the Urobilinogen.
    The PH might be boarderline alkeline but might be within tollerance
    Negative Ketone I believe, rules out diabetes as a high reading could be a sign of diabetes.
    Bilirubin - I think this is like the urobilnogen - not sure what that means
    Glucose negative, again, I think is a marker for diabetes so the lack of I think means less possibility of diabetes.

I'm not a medical expert - just my opinions on the readings so I would let your vet run through these with you and explain more. Also, JJ us usually extremely good and knowledgable on these sort of things so hopefully JJ will pop on here soon and add her far greater knowledge on these results than mine.
    Sending more vibes for Rudy - but I think the results are perhaps more encouraging. xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    A negative Leukocytes means that there is no infection in the urinary tract. There are no white blood cells - white blood cells are the bodys defence mechanism so the lack of those means that there is no apparent infection there.
    Negative Nitrite means no bacterial infection - supporting the above.
    Not sure about the Urobilinogen.
    The PH might be boarderline alkeline but might be within tollerance
    Negative Ketone I believe, rules out diabetes as a high reading could be a sign of diabetes.
    Bilirubin - I think this is like the urobilnogen - not sure what that means
    Glucose negative, again, I think is a marker for diabetes so the lack of I think means less possibility of diabetes.

I'm not a medical expert - just my opinions on the readings so I would let your vet run through these with you and explain more. Also, JJ us usually extremely good and knowledgable on these sort of things so hopefully JJ will pop on here soon and add her far greater knowledge on these results than mine.
    Sending more vibes for Rudy - but I think the results are perhaps more encouraging. xx
    aww thanks so much Craig - super helpful. I just got the results so will email to my vet & I'm sure she'll be in contact about next steps xx

Glossiness ++

Well done Craig your very clever

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

"Dennis gonna make the volvic bottle pop, I`ma eat the carrot top, show em` how to make em hop baby" Words and lyrics by 50 cent - 2003

I googled " aggregations of the Ca oxalate" and I think it is kidney stones in hoomans terms? Maybe saying there is calcium sludge perhaps or maybe that's a good thing he's weeing out the calcium as normal. We need Jane

"Dennis gonna make the volvic bottle pop, I`ma eat the carrot top, show em` how to make em hop baby" Words and lyrics by 50 cent - 2003

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    I googled " aggregations of the Ca oxalate" and I think it is kidney stones in hoomans terms? Maybe saying there is calcium sludge perhaps or maybe that's a good thing he's weeing out the calcium as normal. We need Jane (

Yes loobers, I concur with this exactly. CA is calcium (my son is studying chem at uni so I’ve had my nose buried in the periodic table as well as other stuff), so this sounded like a calcium related sludgy issue to me. Graciee might be able to shed some light on this as I believe one of her gorgeous wee buns suffers from that.

Yes the vet (local) mentioned stones. However don't you see sludgy pee or difficulties peeing with stones ?? This is what confuses me. He has absolutely no problem peeing & its always a good stream. But he does have slightly high calcium. But I THINK calcium could be high if kidneys not functioning???

I concur you lot are an excellent source of info & a good stand in while JJ sleeps