• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sweet dreams Rudey

I really hope Rudey is feeling a bit perkier now. It's awful when you know something isn't quite right but you can't get to the bottom of it. Hopefully the vet will be able to shed some light on things soon

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thanks Scrappy & Omi. I'm not seeing any effects yet - he is much the same.

I was syringe feeding him last night & he did a wee on me that started at my chest, ran down my belly & soaked my knickers :lol: I then noticed some sandy grainy stuff on my pj's & called Bob - thought it was sludge at end of wee . Bob identified it as recovery food :oops:

Ah hope he picks up later. Doughnut might have another steriod injection today. She's having yet another dental. If she does I'll ask how long before it kicks in and let you know what they say

Ah hope he picks up later. Doughnut might have another steriod injection today. She's having yet another dental. If she does I'll ask how long before it kicks in and let you know what they say

Loads & loads of vibes for Doughnuts dental xx

I hope he’s feeling better soon. Steroid injections worked wonders on my bridge cat when he was suffering with crf. Sending more vibes xx

I was syringe feeding him last night & he did a wee on me that started at my chest, ran down my belly & soaked my knickers :lol: I then noticed some sandy grainy stuff on my pj's & called Bob - thought it was sludge at end of wee . Bob identified it as recovery food :oops:
:lol: Well, I think you're allowed to be paranoid because you have rabbits! Comes with the territory.

Hope Rudey sees some improvement soon. Best wishes for Doughnut as well, cpayne :)

yep - anabolic.

Thanks for the vibes guys

His blood results from yesterday raise no new concerns. Liver enzymes within normal range, WBC fine, kidneys very marginally elevated from last visit

Still unsure whats ailing the little guy :(

Ah it's awful not knowing. I asked how long the steriod takes to work and he said a while! It's been five hours and she's eating little bits but that may be the tramadol. Sorry I didn't get more info but they were closing xx

Topping up the vibes for the silky smooth dashingly handsome Rudey (says Lillian).
Nose bumps from Henry and vibes from the hoomans here. xx

How is he today. The injection has kicked in for doughnut. Eating lots but not hay. Just feeding her lots of pellets to get her weight up for the next two days. She's wet again though

Thank you all for your kind words

How is he today. The injection has kicked in for doughnut. Eating lots but not hay. Just feeding her lots of pellets to get her weight up for the next two days. She's wet again though

I'm pleased Doughnut is starting to feel the power of her steroids. I thought maybe Rudey was starting to feel the benefit last night. He is so picky with food which is really stressing me out as he needs more calories & I also need to be wary of calcium. Plus Mouse (who is the size of a house) is very quick to snaffle anything I'm trying to tempt him with. His poo is plentiful but way too small. He has just been started on metacam (tiny dose) & I got some fibreplex (which I've never used before). He will not eat hay. I hope you can get Doughnut dry. Rudey manages to keep himself dry which is more than I can say for the floor . Such a worry aren't they. Will Doughnut have steroids regularly?

Thank you all for your kind words

I'm pleased Doughnut is starting to feel the power of her steroids. I thought maybe Rudey was starting to feel the benefit last night. He is so picky with food which is really stressing me out as he needs more calories & I also need to be wary of calcium. Plus Mouse (who is the size of a house) is very quick to snaffle anything I'm trying to tempt him with. His poo is plentiful but way too small. He has just been started on metacam (tiny dose) & I got some fibreplex (which I've never used before). He will not eat hay. I hope you can get Doughnut dry. Rudey manages to keep himself dry which is more than I can say for the floor . Such a worry aren't they. Will Doughnut have steroids regularly?

Oh yeah. I get that. I'm pleased that Rudey is pooping out but sorry he isn't really eating much. I've got a 'mouse' here in the form of Lillian who isn't last when it comes to getting her share of the food. You try to cut back on the food but then you end up cutting food from your other buns so you are stcuk between a rock and a hard place.
Topping up the vibes for Rudey.

Back