Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet dreams Rudey

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    thanks Zoobec - appreciated.

Thanks too C&D - I feel a bit weird as my vets do things so differently (not saying better or worse) to most vets & all his history is there. I think them never having met Rudey could be a barrier, Its great to have a more local vet I could call if need be though x
    Ruperts history has just arrived with Sheryl - I think that vets send over information from one to another.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

It sounds really tough on you both at the moment. As far I'm concerned you've always had sound judgement when it comes to your bunnies and Rudey couldn't be in better hands. Yet at the same time I appreciate that you want the guidance, expertise and reassurance of a rabbit savvy vet who knows your bunnies almost as well as you do. I hope you manage to find some PT to help Rudey with his leg. It does sound encouraging that he's so enthusiastic about his forage. That'll certainly do him a world of good.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Wise Old Thumper

thanks Zoobec - appreciated.

Thanks too C&D - I feel a bit weird as my vets do things so differently (not saying better or worse) to most vets & all his history is there. I think them never having met Rudey could be a barrier, Its great to have a more local vet I could call if need be though x
    I don't think it would be necessary to meet Rudey, as you could send a video of his movements, although the records could be an issue. It would be good to have someone more local though and also a second opinion might be interesting.

Its scary as essentially speaking I am without a vet. Obviously the buns remain registered at Crab Lane but the bunny savvy element is well gone. I've never made "the" final call on any of my bunnies without FHB (a few passed at home) & now I won't even have Ruth.
    'A' can't be running the show completely solo, can she? If Ruth isn't available then aren't Heather or Becky? I'm a bit baffled - are they not doing shifts? You may have explained to me already but it's gone over my head if you have.

I'm really sorry this is so hard for you with Rudey, abysmal timing. I hope he rallies and you are more sure of your care plan while this lock down persists.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Thanks everyone

BB - Heather would have been due back from maternity soon but I can't imagine she'd return during lock down. not sure about Becky though

Thanks everyone

BB - Heather would have been due back from maternity soon but I can't imagine she'd return during lock down. not sure about Becky though
    Heather has returned from maternity leave - I have seen her at the surgery a few weeks ago (I'm making a guess from when I was there it would have been 5 March). I was told she would be working Wednesday and Thursday. She could well have childcare issues and have gone back to parenting though.

Ashlands (and a few other practices) are working it so that the same people on the team work on certain days together to minimise the risk of it going across the whole team, they may do something like that but have the disadvantage of being a very small team to start with.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Twice recently we've caught Mousey folding over a bit of fleece blanket to cover Rudey's feet up. Then yesterday she approached bob with a firm nose bump & went straight back to Rudey & licked his foot. She must be trying to tell us his feet hurt

Twice recently we've caught Mousey folding over a bit of fleece blanket to cover Rudey's feet up. Then yesterday she approached bob with a firm nose bump & went straight back to Rudey & licked his foot. She must be trying to tell us his feet hurt
    Aww bless

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Nawww lovely caring girl.

how does a poorly bunny get to look so damn glossy....shades on

[IMG][/IMG]