• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sweet dreams Rudey

Oh Rudey, you'll wear yourself out being all amorous with Mouseypie.Doesn't look like she's at all impressed.:lol:x

Yeah my money is on option 2. I know disabled bunnies have needs too but I'm worried he'll do himself a mischief. Mouse isn't impressed, shes a kissing & cuddling type of girl

Rudey is doing good at the moment. He gets about really fast (with his limp), his eyes are very bright - he looks well.

A few days ago there were reports of hay eating which I didn't believe. However I have seen him eat an odd strand since. Last night he ate some of Mouse's dry nuggets & a good handful of dried forage last night & this morning. I wonder why he is trying dry food again - does anybun have any ideas?

He has also started visiting the litter tray for the occasional wee

Such a good boy :love:

A few days ago there were reports of hay eating which I didn't believe. However I have seen him eat an odd strand since. Last night he ate some of Mouse's dry nuggets & a good handful of dried forage last night & this morning. I wonder why he is trying dry food again - does anybun have any ideas?
Bored with the usual stuff and fancied a change?

Bored with the usual stuff and fancied a change?

I can't fathom it. Everyone says (incl my vet) that rabbits with failing kidneys like fresh food. With the exception of a few rose petals (he is such a prince) he hasn't touched any dried food in weeks & weeks. I'd just got my head around its ok, fresh is best & he throws me this curve ball. Its coincided with him making progress after his disabling EC attack (we assume) 3 weeks ago - using the litter tray & stuff

thanks Zoobec, me too x

In other news, well back to old news, Vetuk do still not have his dual care in which i ordered 10 days ago. I've left them a grumpy review on trust pilot which is not my usual style but I don't think companies should be peeing around with pet medicines & treatment. I just found some on ebay for £10 with shipping upgrade to arrive tomorrow, phew

thanks Zoobec, me too x

In other news, well back to old news, Vetuk do still not have his dual care in which i ordered 10 days ago. I've left them a grumpy review on trust pilot which is not my usual style but I don't think companies should be peeing around with pet medicines & treatment. I just found some on ebay for £10 with shipping upgrade to arrive tomorrow, phew

I’m glad you got some for tomorrow, it’s not on for Vetuk to treat you like this so I think you are within your rights to review them in a grumpy manner! You shouldn’t have to be searching around for it if you’ve already ordered it! I bet they let you order and pay for it?!

I’m glad you got some for tomorrow, it’s not on for Vetuk to treat you like this so I think you are within your rights to review them in a grumpy manner! You shouldn’t have to be searching around for it if you’ve already ordered it! I bet they let you order and pay for it?!

Yep, its still on as in stock - info I have helpfully included in my review. Customer services at least apologised & ask if I want to cancel order but listing medical stuff as in stock when it isn't is potentially harmful

No idea why Rudey is widening and normalising his foodie preferences, but I think it's extremely good news. Also if it continues and expands, then it will make feeding him easier for you.

thanks Omi & JJ - i agree its good news, I can't help but ponder why. I hope its not cos i've been really busy & missing his feeds

I think Rudey is just keeping you on your toes, he has maybe got wind of the fact you are dissing his humping abilities on a public forum and this is his revenge. :lol:

I've seen him leg it in to the litter tray for a wee three times today which is amazing. Its really weird seeing him in a litter tray (dog bed) at all

Help please with a medical question
So given his kidney function can't improve why are his litter habits? Could it be that his EC is more stable so its impacting on his spinal cord less, hence better movement & returned awareness of when he needs to go for a wee?

I've seen him leg it in to the litter tray for a wee three times today which is amazing. Its really weird seeing him in a litter tray (dog bed) at all

Help please with a medical question
So given his kidney function can't improve why are his litter habits? Could it be that his EC is more stable so its impacting on his spinal cord less, hence better movement & returned awareness of when he needs to go for a wee?
I would say he is feeling more comfortable and bunnies eating anything more is a good thing?

FHB please

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I would say he is feeling more comfortable and bunnies eating anything more is a good thing?

FHB please

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Its all good as far as I can tell but what bits of wrong Rudey have been slightly righted & why

Rudey has an awesome new vet - our hour long consult (first meeting in donkeys years) had a very FHB vibe to it. If anything is to be made of it I'm sure she'll shed some light but our next app isn't til a week monday & i'm impatient

Not significantly gaining weight yet. He prefers to dine in lounge & Mouse can sniff out a recovery feed from the deepest of sleeps

Now Mouse is at it. She was asleep in the litter tray so I took the opportunity of sneaking Rudey a bowl of DC. Mouse woke up & charged over. I let her have a mouthful & removed the bowl, she retaliated by giving Rudey the humping of his life. I can't believe either of them have it in them

Since then Rudey has been grovelling to her big style

Now Mouse is at it. She was asleep in the litter tray so I took the opportunity of sneaking Rudey a bowl of DC. Mouse woke up & charged over. I let her have a mouthful & removed the bowl, she retaliated by giving Rudey the humping of his life. I can't believe either of them have it in them

Rudey knows his place then.
Great to read that Rudey is enjoying more foods. It's looking alot more positive. :love:

Aboleth did that all the time to Lopsy XD I she perceived she hadn't got her way, she'd chase the bejeesus out of him and hump him if she caught him. Lopsy never grovelled or anything though, he's totally oblivious or forgets :lol:

Back