Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet dreams Rudey

Wise Old Thumper

I've been having a good look through the Galen's Garden website. Crikey, there's a lot more interesting stuff there than I realised. I tend to be a meanie and my rabbits just get the same dished up most days, but there's loads in Galen's Garden that you could experiment with imo. Have a look at the various 'herb powders'. If you're syringe-feeding you could add a very small amount to the mix each time for example. I also think that you might, by trial and error, find a hay that Rudey will eat. There are some really lush-sounding ones from Germany (mountain hay), which available on ZooPlus. You'd know also that if he didn't eat any of it, it wouldn't be wasted as your other bunnies would probably eat it.

Lopsy (and Aboleth) were fabulous hay eaters, loving the stalky stuff, but thought hay cookies were a treat! Maybe it's because they're tastier than hay, more like readigrass (they smell similar to me)...?
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I've been having a good look through the Galen's Garden website. Crikey, there's a lot more interesting stuff there than I realised. I tend to be a meanie and my rabbits just get the same dished up most days, but there's loads in Galen's Garden that you could experiment with imo. Have a look at the various 'herb powders'. If you're syringe-feeding you could add a very small amount to the mix each time for example. I also think that you might, by trial and error, find a hay that Rudey will eat. There are some really lush-sounding ones from Germany (mountain hay), which available on ZooPlus. You'd know also that if he didn't eat any of it, it wouldn't be wasted as your other bunnies would probably eat it.
    You're not wrong. I need a lie down after reading it. I do like the sound of their recovery powder. Off to look on zooplus now. Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I'll have a think about this, but tbh I can't think of anything obvious that you've not already tried.

Something I do find interesting is that he'll eat a hay cookie, but won't eat hay. My two are the opposite. They will eat hay of various different sorts, some more enthusiastically than others. But both of them completely refuse to do anything with a hay cookie. There must be a reason.
    This is exactly like my two they make a big mess but Iím sure they donít eat any of it

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Frosty and Fern do like the sweet green hay cookies, they eat more of them than any other hay cookie. They love the sweet green herb mixes from nature’s own

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Fab - that definitely sounds like it could help his tum. I think I read (or heard ) pro is destroyed in gut but pre ok. Defo worth a shot. Could I just put in water bowl shared with Mousey? He doesn't like peppermint tea - I tried
    I just ordered some of this JJ. Do you reckon I should add it to shared water bowl or in to his recovery feed. It would be fine for Mousey too I guess ?

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Just going back to hay again. Have you tried him with the Ings hay? My two absolutely love this. If you like, I can post you a sample for him to try?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Just going back to hay again. Have you tried him with the Ings hay? My two absolutely love this. If you like, I can post you a sample for him to try?

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    I've had Ings years ago but Rudey hasn't tried it. I did think about revisiting them. Tis very kind to offer to post him a sample but I think I've exhausted RU's collective kindness for a good while yet. Is Ings from the hay&straw website?

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I just ordered some of this JJ. Do you reckon I should add it to shared water bowl or in to his recovery feed. It would be fine for Mousey too I guess ?
    It will be fine if Mouse drinks it too. I have just remembered that Vetark have changed the formula. What was once 'Avipro Plus' contained both pro and prebiotics. 'Avipro Professional' just contains probiotics. It is actually prebiotics that help with the metabolism of dietary nutrients

https://www.bimuno.com/prebiotics

So it may be better to give this one to Rudey, which I believe to be the same formula as the now discontinued 'Avipro Plus'

https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/AVIPR...-wildlife.aspx

You may want to check with your Vet first. All the changes Vetark had to make were all due to EU legislation on the use of pro/prebiotics in animal feed

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    It will be fine if Mouse drinks it too. I have just remembered that Vetark have changed the formula. What was once 'Avipro Plus' contained both pro and prebiotics. 'Avipro Professional' just contains probiotics. It is actually prebiotics that help with the metabolism of dietary nutrients

https://www.bimuno.com/prebiotics

So it may be better to give this one to Rudey, which I believe to be the same formula as the now discontinued 'Avipro Plus'

https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/AVIPR...-wildlife.aspx

You may want to check with your Vet first. All the changes Vetark had to make were all due to EU legislation on the use of pro/prebiotics in animal feed
    Whoops - I already bought the other Nevermind, won't do any harm, I'll keep my eye out on other things with prebiotics in & maybe come back to the birdy ones