Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 546

Thread: Sweet dreams Rudey

  1. #281
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    18,697

    Default

    I've been having a good look through the Galen's Garden website. Crikey, there's a lot more interesting stuff there than I realised. I tend to be a meanie and my rabbits just get the same dished up most days, but there's loads in Galen's Garden that you could experiment with imo. Have a look at the various 'herb powders'. If you're syringe-feeding you could add a very small amount to the mix each time for example. I also think that you might, by trial and error, find a hay that Rudey will eat. There are some really lush-sounding ones from Germany (mountain hay), which available on ZooPlus. You'd know also that if he didn't eat any of it, it wouldn't be wasted as your other bunnies would probably eat it.

  2. #282
    Wise Old Thumper keletkezes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    10,210

    Default

    Lopsy (and Aboleth) were fabulous hay eaters, loving the stalky stuff, but thought hay cookies were a treat! Maybe it's because they're tastier than hay, more like readigrass (they smell similar to me)...?
    The geeky one...



    Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

  3. #283
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I've been having a good look through the Galen's Garden website. Crikey, there's a lot more interesting stuff there than I realised. I tend to be a meanie and my rabbits just get the same dished up most days, but there's loads in Galen's Garden that you could experiment with imo. Have a look at the various 'herb powders'. If you're syringe-feeding you could add a very small amount to the mix each time for example. I also think that you might, by trial and error, find a hay that Rudey will eat. There are some really lush-sounding ones from Germany (mountain hay), which available on ZooPlus. You'd know also that if he didn't eat any of it, it wouldn't be wasted as your other bunnies would probably eat it.
    You're not wrong. I need a lie down after reading it. I do like the sound of their recovery powder. Off to look on zooplus now. Thank You

  4. #284
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I'll have a think about this, but tbh I can't think of anything obvious that you've not already tried.

    Something I do find interesting is that he'll eat a hay cookie, but won't eat hay. My two are the opposite. They will eat hay of various different sorts, some more enthusiastically than others. But both of them completely refuse to do anything with a hay cookie. There must be a reason.
    This is exactly like my two they make a big mess but Iím sure they donít eat any of it

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  5. #285
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36,567

    Default

    Frosty and Fern do like the sweet green hay cookies, they eat more of them than any other hay cookie. They love the sweet green herb mixes from nature’s own

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  6. #286
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Fab - that definitely sounds like it could help his tum. I think I read (or heard ) pro is destroyed in gut but pre ok. Defo worth a shot. Could I just put in water bowl shared with Mousey? He doesn't like peppermint tea - I tried
    I just ordered some of this JJ. Do you reckon I should add it to shared water bowl or in to his recovery feed. It would be fine for Mousey too I guess ?

  7. #287
    Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Just going back to hay again. Have you tried him with the Ings hay? My two absolutely love this. If you like, I can post you a sample for him to try?

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

    At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

    Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

  8. #288
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Just going back to hay again. Have you tried him with the Ings hay? My two absolutely love this. If you like, I can post you a sample for him to try?

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    I've had Ings years ago but Rudey hasn't tried it. I did think about revisiting them. Tis very kind to offer to post him a sample but I think I've exhausted RU's collective kindness for a good while yet. Is Ings from the hay&straw website?

  9. #289
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    144,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I just ordered some of this JJ. Do you reckon I should add it to shared water bowl or in to his recovery feed. It would be fine for Mousey too I guess ?
    It will be fine if Mouse drinks it too. I have just remembered that Vetark have changed the formula. What was once 'Avipro Plus' contained both pro and prebiotics. 'Avipro Professional' just contains probiotics. It is actually prebiotics that help with the metabolism of dietary nutrients

    https://www.bimuno.com/prebiotics

    So it may be better to give this one to Rudey, which I believe to be the same formula as the now discontinued 'Avipro Plus'

    https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/AVIPR...-wildlife.aspx

    You may want to check with your Vet first. All the changes Vetark had to make were all due to EU legislation on the use of pro/prebiotics in animal feed


    Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

  10. #290
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    It will be fine if Mouse drinks it too. I have just remembered that Vetark have changed the formula. What was once 'Avipro Plus' contained both pro and prebiotics. 'Avipro Professional' just contains probiotics. It is actually prebiotics that help with the metabolism of dietary nutrients

    https://www.bimuno.com/prebiotics

    So it may be better to give this one to Rudey, which I believe to be the same formula as the now discontinued 'Avipro Plus'

    https://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/AVIPR...-wildlife.aspx

    You may want to check with your Vet first. All the changes Vetark had to make were all due to EU legislation on the use of pro/prebiotics in animal feed
    Whoops - I already bought the other Nevermind, won't do any harm, I'll keep my eye out on other things with prebiotics in & maybe come back to the birdy ones

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •