Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 546

Thread: Sweet dreams Rudey

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,186

    Default Sweet dreams Rudey

    Awaiting Rudey's.
    Does anyone know of a chart or site that will explain what the test results mean?

    TIA xx
    Last edited by joey&boo; 06-05-2020 at 09:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,438

    Default

    No sorry I don't, but I'm sure someone will. Good luck, hope you don't have to wait too long for results xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    144,353


    Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

  4. #4

    Default

    Are they just dipping it or doing lab tests on it?
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Are they just dipping it or doing lab tests on it?
    Helen wanted specific gravity & something but I ticked the box for everything. I think cos i asked for the infection check that bit goes off to lab

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,186

    Default

    thanks Jane. Good info. No values though, maybe they'll give me ranges over the phone.

    Thanks too petsmum, some of his results will take a few days but some could be back today

    Another question - sorry - any antibiotics contraindicated for bunnies with poor renal function?

  7. #7
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    144,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    thanks Jane. Good info. No values though, maybe they'll give me ranges over the phone.

    Thanks too petsmum, some of his results will take a few days but some could be back today

    Another question - sorry - any antibiotics contraindicated for bunnies with poor renal function?
    More info here, first paragraph

    http://www.greendale.co.uk/rabbit_ur...0130%20ml%2Fkg.

    Re abx, this applies to humans but a similar protocol would be followed for Rabbits

    https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list...t-summary.html


    Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    More info here, first paragraph

    http://www.greendale.co.uk/rabbit_ur...0130%20ml%2Fkg.

    Re abx, this applies to humans but a similar protocol would be followed for Rabbits

    https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list...t-summary.html
    thanks so much xx

  9. #9
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    15,186

    Default

    I wasn't given values for specific gravity - shall ask my vet when all results back. They did observe crystals though, apparently not unusual but the way they clumped is

  10. #10
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In my Burrow
    Posts
    144,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I wasn't given values for specific gravity - shall ask my vet when all results back. They did observe crystals though, apparently not unusual but the way they clumped is
    There are various types of urinary crystals

    http://eclinpath.com/urinalysis/crystals/

    In Rabbits an abnormal pattern of involving Calcium oxalate monohydrate crystals is seen in cases of bladder sludge/stones I think

    http://veterinarycalendar.dvm360.com...ts-proceedings

    I'm sure your Rabbit Savvy Vet will explain everything to you in detail today


    Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

    The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •