• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sweet dreams Rudey

:cry::cry: I am so sorry. I know how hard it will have been for you but it was as you wanted, calm and dignified. He genuinely got to go peacefully. Now you have to get used to him not being there and that's going to be tough. *hugs*.

Oh no, I'm just so very sorry to hear this, but what a lovely peaceful passing. Sweet dreams little Rudey, you will be very much missed xxx

I’m so very sorry:cry: he’s had such an amazing time with you , no one could have done any more for him than you :love:

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I'm really sorry to read about Rudley's passing, I always enjoyed your updates to Mouse and his adventures of
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I'm so, so sorry :cry: He was such a precious, glossy boy, who has left you with such wonderful memories :love:

Sending millions of hugs.

I'm so incredibly sorry :'( I don't know what to say, sending you a million hugs, he had the absolute best care with you, he couldn't have been luckier xxxx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh I really didn't want to read this :cry: I am so sorry. He had an incredible life with you, he really couldn't have asked for more. Sending lots of love xx

Oh no ,I'm so sorry to read this ,he was a special boy.He was cherished and loved like the best of buns.Binky free gorgeous Rudey,xx :cry:

Oh no I'm so sorry to read this. In all honesty when I saw the title to your thread it took me ages to open it because I didn't want to read that Rudey had gone to the bridge [emoji17]

I know how heartbroken you'll be feeling right now but I'm glad Rudey got to spend his last few months with you and his special girl Mouse. You did an incredible job of looking after him and he was so lucky to have you.

Sleep tight Rudey and extra nose rubs for little Mouse xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry :cry: Seeing this thread title stunned me. Rudey has had so many wonderful adventures chronicled by you, I did not expect this.
There are no words that can ease the sadness you must be feeling. When one has tended a special needs bun for so long, it is a strange place to be in when they have reached the Rainbow. I have no doubt he is looking upon you with love for all the care you gave him. He will always be with you and Mousey.

Sending (((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) to you and thinking of you at this very sad time.
Sleep well, Rudey. How we will all miss you. You were and are so deeply loved. xxxx

This afternoon we took my gorgeous glossy boy to be helped in to his forever sleep. He was given a sedative whilst we had 20 minutes alone in a room with him, so we got to kiss & stroke him, tell him again how special he was - that he'd brought so much joy & tenderness to our lives & that we'd look after his cherished Mousey. He went in to the deepest sleep with his chin resting on the palm of my hand. When he went off for his final injection I don't think he would have felt it. I'm so grateful that his passing was so peaceful.

Sweet dreams my precious Rudey, you will always be the better part of me. Love you xxx

I have just logged in and read the change in the title of this thread....................and burst into tears :cry: I am so very sorry that you have had to let Rudey go.I know your heart must be breaking and that there are no words that can take away your pain :cry: So for now I will simply send you many, many hugs and close this post with two words- 'I empathise'...............................:cry:

VqZi4Iq.jpg

Thinking of you this morning and hoping you are okay. Rudey was one of the very special little souls that pass our way once in a while, I too empathise with such a loss.

I am in floods of tears reading this. Rudey was such a huge character and presence and his adventures always made me smile. Rudey warmed and touched so many hearts outside of the world he knew, and I for one will always remember what a gentle and special rabbit he was.
You enricjed Rudeys life and he in turn enriched those lives he touched, especially Mouse. And you being there for him as he went to the bridge was something Rudey will have been so proud of.
Sleep tight and binkey free you gorgeous wonderful Rudey. Big heart, big soul and you will be sadly missed by us. xx

He had the best part of his life with you, surely :love: Big hugs to you and Mouse (and Bob). He was definitely a special rabbit :')

Earlier this week with his Mouseypie

nax0rFBl.jpg

Thanks to every one of you for your kind words. I feel lost. think Mousey is ok, think she found it stressful him being so poorly at the end. Trying to give her appropriate levels of attention. Shes eating ok xx

Earlier this week with his Mouseypie

nax0rFBl.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks to every one of you for your kind words. I feel lost. think Mousey is ok, think she found it stressful him being so poorly at the end. Trying to give her appropriate levels of attention. Shes eating ok xx

:cry:

Lots more hugs being sent xx

Back