• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Apricot - stasis :(

Okay but if its happened, is it bad? Or okay? :'(

I didn't do this, it's happened though a vet did it.. I can't change it, so Idk what to do :'(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

It wont be 'dangerous', just very uncomfortable. The bolus of fluid may move downwards (due to gravity). But it should eventually be absorbed.

It wont be 'dangerous', just very uncomfortable. The bolus of fluid may move downwards (due to gravity). But it should eventually be absorbed.
Okay thank you so much, Apricot stopped eating she's had Emeprid and loxicom injection then the vet did 150ml of fluids well I stopped him before we got to that number I think but she has a hump :'( everything else is my other vets dosages so at least that's okay..

Okay thank you so much, Apricot stopped eating she's had Emeprid and loxicom injection then the vet did 150ml of fluids well I stopped him before we got to that number I think but she has a hump :'( everything else is my other vets dosages so at least that's okay..

Dont freak out if the 'lump' of fluid goes south to her shoulder/under her front leg until she can absorb it x

Dont freak out if the 'lump' of fluid goes south to her shoulder/under her front leg until she can absorb it x
I'll try not to [emoji38] thank you, honestly don't think I could have buns if you weren't here [emoji38] sorry about all this [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] x

Sending lots of vibes for Apricot. I hope she starts eating again soon.
Thanks Omi, really appreciate it she has eaten lots of veg since being home, no poops yet tho.

Still no poops, nommed some veg, has water double d's now, its all rather sad [emoji37]

I'm really sorry Apricot is having a stasis episode [emoji17] It's encouraging that she is eating some veg.

Do you know how long it's been since she's pooed? I know when a bun has a stasis episode it seems to take forever before they start pooping. And the wait is agonising. I remember Fudgie once took over 24 hours and I was practically climbing the walls!

Sending lots of vibes for Apricot, I really hope she starts to feel better soon xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Lots of get well vibes for your beautiful Apricot. I hope her sister is taking good care of her xx

I'm really sorry Apricot is having a stasis episode [emoji17] It's encouraging that she is eating some veg.

Do you know how long it's been since she's pooed? I know when a bun has a stasis episode it seems to take forever before they start pooping. And the wait is agonising. I remember Fudgie once took over 24 hours and I was practically climbing the walls!

Sending lots of vibes for Apricot, I really hope she starts to feel better soon xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Nope no idea, its so hard because Penelope is there too, I'm expecting to see smaller ones.. And none yet.. And there's less poop.. So Idk!

She was fine last night, this morning she refused a fenugreek crunchie (not good) but then she took a carrot biscuit..so I was like hmm.. Then I kept trying to tempt her with different stuff every so often until about 3 when she then wouldn't take anything so I took her straight to the vets.

The vet was really, really lovely and really cared, just not much bunny experience unfortunately :( he actually gave me his mobile number and asked me to update him tomorrow on how she is, such a nice vet :)

Only thing was we didn't do blood glucose, as he hadnt done one before.

Can't actually believe I have two rabbits in stasis at the same time, starting to think I'm doing something majorly wrong [emoji37] first time ever for Clementine, but Apricot had a stasis episode 2/3 months ago :(

We have tiny poops! Black and tiny but a little pile!

She just ate two packs of Tesco dill, literally shoveled it in.. Dills her fav. Boyfriends just going to Tesco to buy a million more packs of dill [emoji38]

She's grooming too, and she jumped onto my lap [emoji7]

Last edited:
Oh bless, only just caught your thread, so pleased that she's started pooping, keep it up Apricot ! xxx

Back