• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gemini left us heartbroken

Dear RU friends. I appreciate getting your messages of sympathy. All of you understand the bond between bunny and human, and how devastating it can be to loose a furry friend.

Oh no...I was so hoping I would not see this update here today. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so very sorry, T. It's soul wrenching when any animal friend leaves us, but to lose two so close together, especially when you all fought so bravely. I totally understand how you must be feeling at the moment. Mimzy and Fiver were within a week or so of each other. It was all I could do to face the world afterwards.

((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))

Wish I could be there to give these hugs in person, but this will have to do. If there's anything you need or just want to have an ear to bend, my inbox is open.
Take care of and be kind to yourself. Dash and Gemini knew they were loved beyond measure. And they still know because they will always be with you.

tenor.gif

Sleep well and sweet dreams, Gemini. xxxxxx

I am heartbroken to read this sad update. You fought every inch for Gemini and gave Gemini and Dash the very best lives they could ask for. It is heartbreaking to loose two rabbits so close together - I share the pain you feel and have been through it myself.
Binky free Gemini xx
And hugs to you - please be kind to yourself - no one could have done more.xx

I aappreciate all your kind thoughts.
I am not sleeping well. Rethinking what went wrong.
Now Raven likely needs a dental and I am very poo conscious. He did give me some nice ones just after giving me a scare tonight.
I also had cataract surgery yesterday so had some appointments.
When Raven gets dental soon, I plan on asking for some testing while he is under ga

Last edited:
I always appreciate a hug and happily return every one.
I

Even with three bunnies in our home there is an emptiness. Heidi missed Gemini so my spouse slept next to her pen for several nights/partial nights. Heidi and Gem lived apart in same room due to her nonstop eating (she is a typical mini rex).
She likes the company, and extra treats.

I'm so sorry, you are in my thoughts x big hugs and hope you eye heals well, look after yourself xx

Back