Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemini left us heartbroken

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    before.
    gave more fluids retaining under skin. little pee. may need iv.
    kidneys?
    Just replied to your PM xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Anxiously awaiting an update about little Gemini. I really hope he is still with us. Thinking of you all and sending many hugs xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Anxiously awaiting an update about little Gemini. I really hope he is still with us. Thinking of you all and sending many hugs xx
    Hello Jane, I apologize for leaving you hanging. I really appreciate your responding to my PM so quickly. You are awesome.
    Gemini is still with me. He made a small wee on way to vet so vet had to express his bladder to get the smallest amount of urine to test. Urine testing was good. Gemini still had a full feeling in the rear of his torso at the vet. Vet said he was appropriately hydrated and what I was feeling was not many fluids. Vet's biggest concern was the stasis. He also checked a small poo sample and did not see anything that warranted concern. I was to push the critical care, continue motility meds, and keep the antibiotics. During the exam, vet also found Gemini has a secondary issue of yeast in his right outer ear (drops prescribed).
    Gemini was not eating on his own, yet at each sitting he took the first 10ml of critical care well and also swallowed another 10-15. His early afternoon and evening feedings went well.
    When I went to do his late night feeding, I felt wetness on his tummy. His fur came out easily as I was drying his tummy. He appears to be oozing fluids because it looks shiny right after I dry it (like sweat). I also felt a lot of material in his torso, up to his underarms (beyond his normal body fat).
    He got a lot of critical care compared to the amount of output. At this point I will not give more before further evaluation or more productive output.

Sending more vibes for you x

A1t emergency vet. He had some better output poor am. This then followed by muscle weakness feels limp. Could not syringe feed am resisting.
    He took oral fluids. Not sure if they have much rabbit experience. Only other 24 hour clinic not even take rabbits. Alternative is almost 3 hour drive to vet school hospital.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 29-09-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Sending more vibes for Gemini xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I hope they can help. Lots of vibes for Gemini xx

I really hope they can help sending lots more hugs and vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Thinking of you and hoping that they can help.

Oh goodness, sorry to see this last update. I hope Gemini can pull through. (((((((((((((((Healing vibes))))))))))))))))
    Lots of hugs for you. What a terrible time you're having. (((((((((Huge hugs))))))))) xxxxx