Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going to lose my bunny soon

Continuing to send vibes for little Pandora and also Bailey. xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Scout

Pandora was admitted again today for review xrays and ultrasound. She kindly allowed the vets to do the tests conscious. The xrays showed that the fluid has reduced and they can now see the outline of the heart but both tests confirm she still has oedema in the lungs. They did ultrasound of the heart and found that the right side (I forget which chamber) is so dilated, so large and the muscle so thin and weak, that it actually isn't really doing anything. The vet said that for a rabbit with reduced lung function and half a heart she's doing rather well!
    ...................................... ~ Pandora Bea and Bailey Brychan ~ ..................................................
    ~ At the Bridge ~ Bandit Mist, Sealy Calkin, Schatje-Oren Turin, Mattie Harigen and Ciara Konijn ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bindi View Post
    Pandora was admitted again today for review xrays and ultrasound. She kindly allowed the vets to do the tests conscious. The xrays showed that the fluid has reduced and they can now see the outline of the heart but both tests confirm she still has oedema in the lungs. They did ultrasound of the heart and found that the right side (I forget which chamber) is so dilated, so large and the muscle so thin and weak, that it actually isn't really doing anything. The vet said that for a rabbit with reduced lung function and half a heart she's doing rather well!
    What a star May she have many more 'good' days to come

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Oh bless her, what a little fighter, hope she keeps well for as long as possible xxxx
    [IMG][/IMG

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I’m so glad she is doing so well

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Let's hope she has lots more good days, fingers crossed for you

It sounds like she iwants to stay with you as much as you want her to stay. Sending you both more vibes for many more good days

Warren Scout

Thanks all.

I find it a bit sad that it is becoming winter now so she'll be getting cold and not able to go out on nice grass etc. Then again the vet gave her six months as a fair estimate and that was just before last winter
    ...................................... ~ Pandora Bea and Bailey Brychan ~ ..................................................
    ~ At the Bridge ~ Bandit Mist, Sealy Calkin, Schatje-Oren Turin, Mattie Harigen and Ciara Konijn ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bindi View Post
    Thanks all.

I find it a bit sad that it is becoming winter now so she'll be getting cold and not able to go out on nice grass etc. Then again the vet gave her six months as a fair estimate and that was just before last winter
    She obviously has no intention of taking any notice of a pesky Vet !!

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Warren Scout

New med is Pimobendan. She had the first dose this morning.

Very cold last night, so definitely need to get thinking cap on for winter proofing again. The previous accommodation (a shed) was easier because I cocooned it in duvets, the aviary is a lot bigger, less solid and a different shape...