• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Perfect place for my rabbit

Rayito

New Kit
Hi there! Im a new member here. Im from Spain and I pet a rabbit named Rayito. I adopted him with 3 years and is about to be 5 in December.
I have never had a cage for him bc I wanted him to stay free in the house (indoor), he was living in a very tiny cage before I adopted him (really really small, 60*40 or so :( ).
Now, I want him to have his own space (no cage) bc I think that might be good for him? There are other two cats living in the house and I want him to feel free to have his place where feel comfortable. There is a space a little appart in the living room (where we usually are and Rayito likes being with us) and I was thinking to put his litter box with the hay there and then make a platform up with a bed and stuff so he and the cats can place there. Kind of this?
https://i.ibb.co/qF7bWJx/Pics-Art-09-22-11-53-36.jpg

We moved to this house a few months ago and he poops and pee everywhere now 🤨 I think maybe it's because he doesn't really like his place now? Does that make sense?
And what do you think about my idea? Any suggestions?
Thank u!

It looks like a really good idea, although he may chew the curtains. It is a useful space for a large litter tray and hay.

I also think it's a good idea. He's probably like somewhere where he feels extra safe. I very much doubt that he is pooing and weeing because he dislikes the new house. It's possibly a territorial thing and he's making sure that it all feels like it belongs to him.

It looks like a really good idea, although he may chew the curtains. It is a useful space for a large litter tray and hay.

Yes, I think he might chew it but I wanted to make it look like a burrow or something? For him to feel sheltered, does that makes sense?
I mean I dont really know if its important at all but I do think so. Let me know if im wrong or if there is a better idea 🙏

Last edited:

I also think it's a good idea. He's probably like somewhere where he feels extra safe. I very much doubt that he is pooing and weeing because he dislikes the new house. It's possibly a territorial thing and he's making sure that it all feels like it belongs to him.

Oh yep, that makes sense. He is weeing and pooing next the cats litter box, so its probably because of the smell? You got any ideas to stop it? Ive been cleaning it with vinager and first I take a paper, clean the pee with it, and then put it in his litter box, but it's not working... I thought maybe I could reduce his space for a while (with a barrier) so he is not able to be in the whole house and that way he will calm and go back to use his litter box. Is that a good idea?
I feel bad bc it sounds like a punishment >< but I think it might work

Edit: sorry about the double post, I'm in the mobile website and I didn't get how the forum worked correctly.

I post a pic of Rayito now I figured out how
IMG-20190701-225201-165.jpg

Last edited:
Back