Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating solid food

I agree that she should go to a rabbit savvy exotics vet immediately to get to the bottom of the problem. If you can’t afford it now they can sometimes offer payment plans to help. Also I would keep in mind that you will need money to hand at short notice often with a bunny as they can go downhill very quickly. She does look weak I would recommend when you pick her up you use the other hand to support her bottom so that her back doesn’t flip and twist, as they can hurt themselves.

Sending lots of vibes for her.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Mama Doe

You can cut grass up into quite small lengths and mix it with her other food so she gets more fibre in her diet,
    If she is still struggling to chew, I suspect she may need a skull x-ray to assess her teeth and jaw properly.

Have you tried her with some leafy branches? My dental bunnies managed to pull leaves off when they were above their head. It was easier than picking them off the floor.
    Willow leaves are relatively soft and easy to find. You could stick branches through the bars of her cage at different levels to see what works best.

What is her poo like?
    What food was she on before you got her?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaramaxwell467 View Post
    Update: so this morning I woke up and I decided to try and soak her food in water and she still just stuck her nose up at it but then I mixed it with her vitamins and she can't seem to get enough of it now?! Hopefully this is a good sign.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Update: I came home from school today and she was on the floor nearly completely limp. I made her comfy and layed down next to her stroking her and comforting her as she passed away. Thank you guys for all your help and support. The vet told us she had an infection and has been too weak and poorly since she was born to put on medicine and she should have died weeks ago. The whole thing really sucks and I really wish there was something I could have done better, but apparently it was pretty much out of my hands.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry ! Sweet dreams little bun xx

Mama Doe

So sorry. Take comfort in knowing that you were fighting for her - others may not have gone so far for her.
    RIP little bunny

I'm so sorry. xxx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Wise Old Thumper

I'm, very sorry to see this sad update

So sorry she did not make it

RIP Little Bunny xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Iím so sorry RIP little bunny xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

So very sorry.