• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dermal/Nodular Myxi

We had a vets appointment with Simon at the cat@rabbit clinic today. He thinks it's looking less like myxi 😊 she may have got something in it or caught it herself but we'll never know. Continuing with penicillin injections, eye drops and metacam and back again next week with Simon.

We had a vets appointment with Simon at the cat@rabbit clinic today. He thinks it's looking less like myxi �� she may have got something in it or caught it herself but we'll never know. Continuing with penicillin injections, eye drops and metacam and back again next week with Simon.

Sounds as though she is recovering, from whatever the issue was. I hope she will soon be 100% better xx

Hi All
Just a quick update on Spudsey....she's permanently indoors at the moment :) and has slowly adjusted to being in the warm and with lots of attention! Her eye is still very sore, the vet said it looks like her eyelid is stuck to her third eyelid so it must be quite sore :( She has also got snuffles again for the third time this year, although this seems to be getting a lot better with daily nebulising and yet another course of penicillin injections. Whether she reaches her 13th (!) birthday in April I don't know, we're just lucky to still have her at the moment.

I’m glad she is indoors and enjoying the attention:love: sending lots of vibes for her x

Hi All
Just a quick update on Spudsey....she's permanently indoors at the moment :) and has slowly adjusted to being in the warm and with lots of attention! Her eye is still very sore, the vet said it looks like her eyelid is stuck to her third eyelid so it must be quite sore :( She has also got snuffles again for the third time this year, although this seems to be getting a lot better with daily nebulising and yet another course of penicillin injections. Whether she reaches her 13th (!) birthday in April I don't know, we're just lucky to still have her at the moment.

Wow, I cant believe it is 13 years since you started hand rearing her !! How amazing that she is still fighting on despite all the health problems she now has. Spudsey must be so very special to you and I am sure you are treasuring every day that she remains with you. What an exceptional little Wildie Bunny :love:

Wow, I cant believe it is 13 years since you started hand rearing her !! How amazing that she is still fighting on despite all the health problems she now has. Spudsey must be so very special to you and I am sure you are treasuring every day that she remains with you. What an exceptional little Wildie Bunny :love:

I didn’t know Spudsey’s story, she is certainly amazing, and a credit to your care :love:

Me neither! She was the only rabbit at my last vets who had two vaccination cards! :) She is super special to us, absolutely dreading the day she goes but we just need to remember how incredibly lucky we have been to have her :love:

I didn’t know Spudsey’s story, she is certainly amazing, and a credit to your care :love:

Thank you so much :love: Yes most of Spudsey's story is on the forum, it was the place I turned to when we first had them and I don't think I would have got through the hand rearing without the help of some very lovely people!

Me neither! She was the only rabbit at my last vets who had two vaccination cards! :) She is super special to us, absolutely dreading the day she goes but we just need to remember how incredibly lucky we have been to have her :love:

And how lucky she is that you saved her and enabled her to live such a long and happy life :love: Sending lots more vibes for her :love:

Thank you so much :love: Yes most of Spudsey's story is on the forum, it was the place I turned to when we first had them and I don't think I would have got through the hand rearing without the help of some very lovely people!

I searched for Spudsey’s story and it was lovely to read :love:

Back