Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dermal/Nodular Myxi

Default Dermal/Nodular Myxi

Hi
    Has anyone had any experience of dermal/nodular myxi? Spudsey looks like she may have it I've tried looking for info but just keep finding myxi.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Beatrix Potter; 17-09-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix Potter View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone had any experience of dermal myxi? Spudsey looks like she may have it I've tried looking for info but just keep finding myxi.
    Thanks
    Do you mean internal Myxo 'lumps' ?

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...=internal+myxi

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/art...al-myxomatosis

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

No experience but I'm so sorry to hear lil Spudsey has another health issue to deal with Its just as well she is such a brave fighter. Lots of vibes xx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Hi Jane
    No I don't believe so, I haven't seen her yet as she's in boarding. The lady looking after her rang me on Saturday as the area around her eye had flared up, she took her straight to the vets and they couldn't see anything in her eye so prescribed drops. By Sunday it was worse so she saw Simon at the cat and rabbit clinic and he thought it was dermal myxi. So she's now on penicillin injections once a day again, and metacam doubled. I've got another appointment with him on Friday. Collecting Spudsey this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    No experience but I'm so sorry to hear lil Spudsey has another health issue to deal with Its just as well she is such a brave fighter. Lots of vibes xx
    Thank you!!!! Yes despite her age (12!) she has got through two bouts of snuffles this year alone, just hope she can get through this too! i know I'm incredibly lucky to have had her so long, but I would rather she just went peacefully and not through some horrible illness. Guess thats what every pet owner wants isn't it?

Hi Jane
    No I don't believe so, I haven't seen her yet as she's in boarding. The lady looking after her rang me on Saturday as the area around her eye had flared up, she took her straight to the vets and they couldn't see anything in her eye so prescribed drops. By Sunday it was worse so she saw Simon at the cat and rabbit clinic and he thought it was dermal myxi. So she's now on penicillin injections once a day again, and metacam doubled. I've got another appointment with him on Friday. Collecting Spudsey this evening.
    If she is fully up to date with her vaccinations then she has a fighting chance of making a full recovery. The nodules may take several weeks to resolve and any that appear on the eyelids or around the nose can be a bit problematic. But many, many Rabbits recover from Dermal Myxo as long as they are up to date with their vaccinations. It must be very worrying for you as you cant actually see her for yourself. But she is under the care of a very Rabbit Savvy Vet and hopely she will not get any more nodules appearing. The heavy duty abx cover will give her the best protection against secondary bacterial infection (pneumonia). It is secondary bacterial infection that is the cause of fatalities and this is much less likely to occur in a vaccinated Rabbit x

NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

If she is fully up to date with her vaccinations then she has a fighting chance of making a full recovery. The nodules may take several weeks to resolve and any that appear on the eyelids or around the nose can be a bit problematic. But many, many Rabbits recover from Dermal Myxo as long as they are up to date with their vaccinations. It must be very worrying for you as you cant actually see her for yourself. But she is under the care of a very Rabbit Savvy Vet and hopely she will not get any more nodules appearing. The heavy duty abx cover will give her the best protection against secondary bacterial infection (pneumonia). It is secondary bacterial infection that is the cause of fatalities and this is much less likely to occur in a vaccinated Rabbit x
    Hi Jane, yes fully up to date with her vaccinations. Yes under a very rabbit savvy vet, Simon is amazing it has to be said! I've actually registered one of my cats with him now as he's got some underlying issues, possibly digestive. thanks for being positive, ah the joys of owning pets (in particular old ones!)

Hi Jane, yes fully up to date with her vaccinations. Yes under a very rabbit savvy vet, Simon is amazing it has to be said! I've actually registered one of my cats with him now as he's got some underlying issues, possibly digestive. thanks for being positive, ah the joys of owning pets (in particular old ones!)
    Quite, and I thought owning Pets was meant to help reduce our stress levels !!

Hope that Simon can find out what's up with your cat and get him onto some treatment to help him feel better xx

Sending vibes for your girl,hope she gets better.x

Quite, and I thought owning Pets was meant to help reduce our stress levels !!

Hope that Simon can find out what's up with your cat and get him onto some treatment to help him feel better xx
    Ha Ha! Yes apparently!

Cats are also in boarding but I haven't heard from them so hopefully Alfiecat has been ok, although I'm sure Simon can shed some light or at least come up with some suggestions as to what the issue is.