• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To clean or not?

Castor

Young Bun
I have been re-bonding my pair of rabbits after they fell out after they had been in their permanent home for a week or so.

I divided their home into two to keep them separated and I have swopped them over with each other so each half of the enclosure smells of both rabbits. Bonding sessions are in a neutral area.

My question is: When I am ready to put them back in their home full time together should I clean and neutralise it or would it be better left smelling of both rabbits?

Personally I would clean it, and remove anything at first that might be ‘claimed’ but as each part smells of both it’s not like it’s one buns territory....

I would probably clean it and rearrange it so, although both 'know' the area, neither will have a distinct claim on any part of the territory.

Thanks both for your replies. It does make sense to clean it.
My concern is I think the female is blind (although vet thinks her eyes are fine), if I clean it will it make it harder for her to find her way around?

Back