• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please Help!! Three week old rabbit kit

Bobby3692

New Kit
Hi all just a quick one, I’ve had an accidental yet beautiful litter of five standard Rex kits (my partners mother got confused who could be put out with who and when whilst we were on holiday). I have had previous planned litters all still in the family so I would like to think I know not all by any means but some of the issues you can come across when raising young kits. However I am a little concerned and looking for some information on something I have never come across before. The litter consists of four gorgeous bucks and one beautiful doe kit. However at three weeks old I have begun now to notice a significant difference in size of the doe kit (whilst I know bucks are usually bigger the doe kit is I would say 1/3 of the size of the bucks) today we gave mum a little break and brought them in for a little play in the run. All four bucks were bolting around wobbly legged and having fun but the doe kit seemed to be struggling mostly with balance she appeared to be wobbling sideways unable to keep her balance, she was also unable to lift her body and head like the others instead deciding to stay close to ground...she was often getting knocked over. The other kits do huddle over her in an attempt to keep her warm and I have noticed her eating the hay as per normal. Any suggestions on what’s going on?/what we can do to help build her up? Many thanks x

Last edited:
Back