• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Cookie

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Cookie has not been herself for some time now, her mood definitely went down after loosing Jims and she still seems very low and depressed.
I took her to the vet last week to have her eyes checked as they are still goopy, but started looking really sore so didn't want to leave it just applying the Vaseline as i thought she needed more than that to help clear it up, she was given eye drops and cream but the vet noticed that she seemed very low and 'mopey' and said to see if she improves and if not to bring her back.
so today when she didn't seem interested in her dinner i took her back in straight away as all she seems to be doing is going from hay box/litter tray to laying down on the floor, shes not really doing anything and just doesn't seem like my girl.
I have some 'potentially' bad news, she has got slight jaundice in her eyes, the vet was trying to look at her gums but she wasn't having any of it, the vet said that it could possibly be liver failure as she is an old bunny now (10.5) she has prescribed Metacam and Baytril for 5 days to see if there is any improvement and if not i have to go back but because she is an old girl the vet said it wouldn't be fair to put her through loads of tests, i said i would want to do everything possible as long as its fair to her, so fingers, toes and paws crossed she perks up and the yellowing goes as i am not ready to loose her. :cry:

We have all our claws crossed for your Cookie. What a good age - what's her secret?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Cookie took a turn for the worse this morning by not wanting to eat so I took her straight in, the vet said her digestive tract is slow so she's now on zantac as well as the anti biotics and metacam. but the vet today was the one we normally see and she said that she couldn't see evidence of possible liver failure as she couldn't see any yellowing of the eyes so maybe it was the light in the room yesterday?
she's not right guys and I am worried that this could be the beginning of the end?!

Sending lots of vibes for cookie, I really hope she feels better soon. That's good it may not be what was first thought xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I just keep crying at the thought of her leaving me, I feel like I'm not only failing her but also Jim's as he trusted me to look after her for him.

I just keep crying at the thought of her leaving me, I feel like I'm not only failing her but also Jim's as he trusted me to look after her for him.

Which you are doing and will continue to do so until it is her time to go. Just as it was with Jims :love:

Back