• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Are buns meant to look like this top down?

Graciee

Staff member
Where I'm pointing to is ribs, they stick out on both sides...

Sorry if this is weird, I'm really worried about Clementine :'( I think something is really wrong with her..

Does this look normal though from above?
46e36d04350c5bf7db8683f974ac959d.jpg
be608a8709cce107ee34951003c5342c.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Where I'm pointing to is ribs, they stick out on both sides...

Sorry if this is weird, I'm really worried about Clementine :'( I think something is really wrong with her..

Does this look normal though from above?
46e36d04350c5bf7db8683f974ac959d.jpg
be608a8709cce107ee34951003c5342c.jpg

I agree that her stance does not look 'normal' but I am loathe to give an opinion as I have mentioned what I think may be going on twice before and to do so again may come across in a way I do not intend

Sending vibes for her xx

I agree that her stance does not look 'normal' but I am loathe to give an opinion as I have mentioned what I think may be going on twice before and to do so again may come across in a way I do not intend

Sending vibes for her xx

Wait what do you mean?

A heart thing?

I'm so scared rn, my boyfriend is taking her to the vets and I can't be there and Idk what to ask him to get checked :'(

I think it looks odd too I'm afraid to say. Best of luck at the vets, I don't like it when I can't be present at their appts either :( Perhaps a scan/x rays would be useful??

I think it looks odd too I'm afraid to say. Best of luck at the vets, I don't like it when I can't be present at their appts either :( Perhaps a scan/x rays would be useful??

Yea, she's just started eating hay apparently, after not all day.

She'll be having another full body xray for sure, she's moving oddly, well she was earlier. Apparently she's being a bit more normal now idek.

Thanks x

Wait what do you mean?

A heart thing?

I'm so scared rn, my boyfriend is taking her to the vets and I can't be there and Idk what to ask him to get checked :'(

I would ask the Vet specifically to consider cardiomyopathy. As I said in a previous post, all of Clementines symptoms are identical to those I have seen in three of my previous Rexes

I hope that there has been some more output overnight. I know I have eluded to it before and I really am not meaning to add to your stress, but I'd ask the Vet if there is any chance that her heart may be a problem-ie enlarged ? I have seen the exact same presentation in three of my previous Rexes who all went on do be diagnosed with a Heart condition. Rex Rabbits are predisposed to Heart Disease (ie congenital in origin)

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00dis/Miscellaneous/CardiomyopathyRabbit.htm

I would ask the Vet specifically to consider cardiomyopathy. As I said in a previous post, all of Clementines symptoms are identical to those I have seen in three of my previous Rexes
I forgot to say before, but our vet said she has none of the symptoms for this (I got my boyfriend to check again today) vet still thinks it's a no. Said we could do a heart scan if we wanted but she doesn't think it's necessary and they'd have to sedate her and thinks that would be a bad idea atm for Clementine . Thank you for the suggestion though.

Her blood glucose is up to 15.4, so has gone up again, xray looked good, vet thinks she was bunged up again (just before she left she produced this... The smell was horrendous) so she thinks she was just really uncomfortable as that's all she's passed today, she's started eating again apparently lots of hay munching. We are stopping the tramadol incase it's bunging her up, and going back to 3x a day for Emeprid and Cisapride. I really hope she picks up soon and it's just all the hair she's consuming :(
52ac39a2f7102a8fe2ac28d8edb10f8a.jpg

Pip used to look like this when going into stasis. :(
I really hope her heart is okay. Thinking of you and sending healing vibes. xxxxx

Pip used to look like this when going into stasis. :(
I really hope her heart is okay. Thinking of you and sending healing vibes. xxxxx

Really? Do you know what causes it? :( our vet didn't really say anything about it (saw the same pictures)

Thank you xx

Thank you everyone for the support, it's been a really rough day :( x

Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx
Sending loads and loads of vibes from us.
Thanks both xx

Honestly think Clementine is going to be the death of me, she's much more normal now, she's passed some teeny tiny poops, and is laying down munching hay [emoji849][emoji51] I just gave her some strokes and she's nudged me away and got all sassy which is far more normal [emoji38]

She must have just been really really uncomfortable earlier :( I reviewed the camera footage and I think I can see her belly pressing in her litter tray :(

Poor Clemmy. Tobys heart was picked up on a xray - either way I hope you get to the bottom of it and Clementine starts to feel better. Lots of love and healing vibes being sent xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Poor Clemmy. Tobys heart was picked up on a xray - either way I hope you get to the bottom of it and Clementine starts to feel better. Lots of love and healing vibes being sent xx

Did Toby have any symptoms before it was found on the xray? :(

My vet thinks it's just the fur still, so I guess we'll see, really don't wanna put her under for the heart scan like she is currently :( thanks for the vibes xx

Did Toby have any symptoms before it was found on the xray? :(

My vet thinks it's just the fur still, so I guess we'll see, really don't wanna put her under for the heart scan like she is currently :( thanks for the vibes xx

He just had belly pressing and stasis. :( Hopefully is just fur xx oh and he never had a heart scan.

Back