• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EC

did he present with any other symptoms? was he normal in weight, appetite etc?

If anything he was overweight and it was really hard to get him down to a normal weight. He did suffer from 'dry eyes' which I believe is something that can occur with DI. He was also very lethargic x

If anything he was overweight and it was really hard to get him down to a normal weight. He did suffer from 'dry eyes' which I believe is something that can occur with DI. He was also very lethargic x

Thank You. Rudey is a little underweight - not massively. I wouldn't say he is lethargic. He likes running circles in the kitchen or following me around as I run & call his name, ending with a little binky when he coMes back in to the lounge:love: He is good at relaxing too of course.

I wonder if its worth taking a wee sample to his next appointment or would they just express his bladder. From what I understand if he had diabetes he'd need several samples to confirm? That will be a pain as our vets are so far away.

He is such a sweet boy, I love him to bits

Thank You. Rudey is a little underweight - not massively. I wouldn't say he is lethargic. He likes running circles in the kitchen or following me around as I run & call his name, ending with a little binky when he coMes back in to the lounge:love: He is good at relaxing too of course.

I wonder if its worth taking a wee sample to his next appointment or would they just express his bladder. From what I understand if he had diabetes he'd need several samples to confirm? That will be a pain as our vets are so far away.

He is such a sweet boy, I love him to bits

I think you are still thinking I am talking about Diabetes Mellitus :? Diabetes Insipidus is a completely different condition and not assiciated with DM (Type 1 or 2) at all

These links are related to human medicine, but the same theory applies re animals

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/diabetes/

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/diabetes-insipidus/

I'm really sorry Rudey's giving cause for concern [emoji17]

As you know, I recently became a very reluctant member of the bunny kidney disease club and I'm really hoping you and Rudey won't be joining us.

Diabetes might be more of a long shot, but I think it'll be very useful if the vet can take that into consideration. I always think if you can widen the scope of the investigation, it should be quicker to find out if there are any problems, and what they are. Many years ago we had a cat diagnosed with diabetes. It was about 20 years ago, and I don't know if it's different with bunnies, but from what I can remember we only needed to get one urine sample.

Above all, I really hope the diagnostics show there is nothing wrong.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry Rudey's giving cause for concern [emoji17]

As you know, I recently became a very reluctant member of the bunny kidney disease club and I'm really hoping you and Rudey won't be joining us.

Diabetes might be more of a long shot, but I think it'll be very useful if the vet can take that into consideration. I always think if you can widen the scope of the investigation, it should be quicker to find out if there are any problems, and what they are. Many years ago we had a cat diagnosed with diabetes. It was about 20 years ago, and I don't know if it's different with bunnies, but from what I can remember we only needed to get one urine sample.

Above all, I really hope the diagnostics show there is nothing wrong.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

thanks Scrappy.

I'm very grateful for JJ's suggestion. I don't really understand but all I need to do is write down the name & say a trusted person experienced similar with her bun & can we test. She's the vet so it doesn't matter so much than i'm a half wit. rudey sends pointy faced gentlemanly nose bumps to Fudgie. Hope shes doing well x

I hope the tests don’t reveal anything sinister. Sending lots of vibes for Rudey :love: xx

I hope everything is ok with Rudey but as you say, he does look super healthy.

We tested Toby fit EC of the heart, and my vet said he had only seen EC of the heart once in his whole career. He said its very rare

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

thanks Scrappy.

I'm very grateful for JJ's suggestion. I don't really understand but all I need to do is write down the name & say a trusted person experienced similar with her bun & can we test. She's the vet so it doesn't matter so much than i'm a half wit. rudey sends pointy faced gentlemanly nose bumps to Fudgie. Hope shes doing well x

You are not a half wit !! That is my Speciality :lol: Hope all goes well for Rudey :love:

So EC can attack the brain, kidneys & other vital organs. Why does it cause hind leg weakness - is it attacking the muscle ?

So EC can attack the brain, kidneys & other vital organs. Why does it cause hind leg weakness - is it attacking the muscle ?

No, it attacks the central nervous system (brain/spinal cord). Like a 'spinal cord injury', but caused by disease as opposed to trauma.

Back