• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today's Free Food-U/D 10th Sept 2019

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Coriander, Rosemary, Basil, Broccoli stalks, cabbage leaves, cauliflower leaves

vBTOmcN.jpg

Pear and Apple twigs and leaves + Hawthorn

qqJXpD4.jpg

:thumb:

Last edited:
Bunnehs are eatin' on the cheap! :D :thumb: I wish more of our grocers had this policy when
I was struggling to feed the buns overwinter up north. :(

Our Sainsbury's doesn't do this! The only thing I sometimes find are chunks of Broccoli stalk

How are you doing for haws? Hawthorn around here is full of berries, some of it's got more berries than leaves! OH spends about 5-10mins clearing them off a branch each evening :lol:

How are you doing for haws? Hawthorn around here is full of berries, some of it's got more berries than leaves! OH spends about 5-10mins clearing them off a branch each evening :lol:

I have had to stip a few Hawthorn berries off, but nowt too bad atm.

Got a fab haul from Sainsburys today- whole kale leaves, coriander, cabbage leaves, broccoli stalks, cabbage leaves, cauliflower leaves and a but of Rosemary

fJVHaN7.jpg

It is disgusting how much food is wasted. Years ago it could have been fed to Pigs but I think they stopped that.

So I trundle off to Asda and whilst there I get into a conversation with the Store Manager and I started extolling the virtues of Sainsburys and how the Manager of my local branch allows me to have lots of 'reject' Veg free of charge for my Rabbits. I said it was scandalous how much food was wasted and that my Rabbits always enjoyed a lovely diet of fresh Veg and herbs courtesy of Sainsburys.

Asda store Manager asked what my Rabbit's favorites were and I said Methi (Fenugreek) and Coriander. I then made my way to the checkout, paid for my shopping and just as I was leaving the store the Manager handed me a big bundle of Methi !!

xxlsm7e.jpg

There are some nice folk in this crazy world ! x

So I trundle off to Asda and whilst there I get into a conversation with the Store Manager and I started extolling the virtues of Sainsburys and how the Manager of my local branch allows me to have lots of 'reject' Veg free of charge for my Rabbits. I said it was scandalous how much food was wasted and that my Rabbits always enjoyed a lovely diet of fresh Veg and herbs courtesy of Sainsburys.

Asda store Manager asked what my Rabbit's favorites were and I said Methi (Fenugreek) and Coriander. I then made my way to the checkout, paid for my shopping and just as I was leaving the store the Manager handed me a big bundle of Methi !!

xxlsm7e.jpg

There are some nice folk in this crazy world ! x

That's great :love:

Back