• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun safe bark suggestions?

Graciee

Staff member
Hey, anyone used any that are safe if ingested? My buns run has wire on the floor and I want to cover it so their feetsies don't touch it. No idea what to buy though [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Play bark :wave: it’s not treated with chemicals. I used to buy play bark for the bunny run from B&Q, it’s often on special offer.

ETA don’t use ornamental bark as this has often been dyed and has been treated.

Will it be okay to dump it on top of grass? I know the grass will die.. But Idk if that's a problem or not [emoji51]

Okay I've ordered the wickes one gunna go pick it up now [emoji38]

Have fun :thumb: I love the smell of it :love:
[emoji38][emoji38]

I've bought three bags.. I think that's enough for a 10cm covering for the entire run... I did the maths.. But my head hurts now [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Oh do you think it's okay to dump it ontop of the grass? [emoji51]

:wave: late to the party. We got ours B&M = it said untreated. It smelt horrible when first out of the bag but research told me that was due to it fermenting - it dissipated quickly. Joey loves running on bark, says its like mini trampolines. Hope your bunnies approve

I'd dump on the grass tbh - some may go through. We just have dandelions growing through ours so far

:wave: late to the party. We got ours B&M = it said untreated. It smelt horrible when first out of the bag but research told me that was due to it fermenting - it dissipated quickly. Joey loves running on bark, says its like mini trampolines. Hope your bunnies approve
Ah thanks :) have any of yours eaten any? That's a concern, because my white two eat everything [emoji51] also it stinks! It's still in the bags but smells like manure [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
I'd dump on the grass tbh - some may go through. We just have dandelions growing through ours so far
And cool, yea I'll do that, thanks :D

Ah thanks :) have any of yours eaten any? That's a concern, because my white two eat everything [emoji51] also it stinks! It's still in the bags but smells like manure [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]And cool, yea I'll do that, thanks :D

None of my quad ate any, and 2 of them were confirmed chewers. They were half wildies and turned a cat litter tray into a corner tray :lol:

My bunnies don't tend to eat stuff that isn't kosher - they haven't eaten bark

The smell will go - honest

None of my quad ate any, and 2 of them were confirmed chewers. They were half wildies and turned a cat litter tray into a corner tray [emoji38]
Woah! [emoji38][emoji38] Yea that's some damage!

My bunnies don't tend to eat stuff that isn't kosher - they haven't eaten bark

The smell will go - honest
Haha I hope so, gunna let it air before they're allowed out in it.

Gawd mine are all idiots, they'll eat anything and everything but what you want them to [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Back