Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norma is being Spayed today. U/Date 18.09.19

I hope that she is eating now? Topping up the vibes for her xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Hope Norma has eaten overnight, topping up the vibes.

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for Norma. I hope she's feeling more like eating this morning.

sending you and Norma some more vibes. The anesthesia may take some time to wear off, plus any pain relief she got could be making her a bit sleepy.

Wise Old Thumper

Norma started to perk up yesterday around 3 pm, I was beginning to get worried but she looked a lot brighter and started to eat. This has been quite a long time compared with all my other Does I have had spayed. Anyway she had her 2 day check today and she has been "messing" with her stitches and I was asked if I wanted to put a cone or vest on her but in 20 years I have never done this and never had a problem so I declined. The wound isn't as good as I have seen them but hopefully she is going to be ok and I get a feeling she wants to go back outside but maybe tomorrow, I shall be feeling a lot more relaxed in a couple of days. Norma is a very bright rabbit, I don't know where she was bred but she has had 2 owners before she came to me, not including her birth home, and she is only 9 months old. A beautiful ginger Lionhead. Thank you for all your vibes.

Wise Old Thumper

Just checked Norma's spay wound and all looks good, clean and white, still has stitches in! So I am putting her back outside as I don't want her to start losing her winter coat, although I have kept the heating off while she has been indoors but it is still warmer than outside.

I’m glad she is doing well it’s a lovely day here, so I think it’s a good day for her to go back out

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Just a little worry. I have just checked Norma's tummy and it is a little swollen along the wound line. It isn't red just swollen and I have never noticed this before in any of my other Does. Just rang the Vets and they think it is ok and she gets her 10 day check on Friday but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

Wise Old Thumper

Norma is still not right - the Vet has advised she wears a vest. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow she was spayed. She is fine in herself but the wound isn't healing as well as it should. I have never had this problem before with a spay and I am a little worried. Has anyone got any advice?

Wise Old Thumper

I'm sorry that Norma's wound is still giving cause for concern. I've encountered this issue with human wounds and it has been because of infection, even when that infection has not been evident. It sounds as though your vet is thinking that Norma is maybe picking at it. Sending her lots of vibes. I hope it resolves itself soon.