• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Losing Bumble

I took her in and we put her down. It was the only way. Any longer and she would have got flystrike. The flies were actually coming for her. I was scared.

I love her so much

I am so sorry to read this sad news about your precious Bumble :cry: Sending you and your daughter lots of love and hugs.

You knew intuitively it was her time & showed her ultimate love & kindness . so many of us will understand your pain, sending loads of love

Sweet dreams beautiful little Bumble xx

I'm so so sorry, you did everything in your power to make Bumble feel loved and cared for, I'm sure she would have known that. Hugs for you xxx

I am very sorry she has gone now but you have done the right thing and you need to be strong for your Daughter. In time you and your Daughter can learn to love another rabbit and you will never forget little Bumble.

I’m so sorry :cry: you did the best and kindest thing for her. It’s so hard :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I am so so very sorry to read this. It is the hardest thing we have to do to let our loved buns go. You gave Bumble the very best of lives that she could wish for and when the time came, you did the right thing in letting her go. She will live on in your hearts.
Binkey free and sweet dreams, beautiful gentle Bumble. xx

I’m so sorry. It is one of the hardest things to do but you have bumble the greatest gift - being enveloped in so much live while she was with you and a dignified end. Lots of hugs. Have fun over the bridge Bumble! xx

You showed her just how much you love her by doing what was most definitely the right thing for her. Letting her go has broken your heart, but Bumble can now only be at peace and pain free.

FROM FRIEND TO FRIEND

You've given me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage made me proud.
But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.
So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I saw in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.
The strength that you possess,
Is why I looked to you yesterday,
To do the thing that had to be done
For it was the only way.
That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.
Please, understand just what this gift,
You've given, means to me,
It's given me back the strength I'd lost,
And all my dignity.
You took a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you did was right,
For I believe it too.
Don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.
I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young Rabbit once again.

Adapted from a poem by
(c) Karen Clouston

Binky free Bumble xx

Last edited:
So sorry you had to let her go. It was always really obvious how much she was loved by your photographs. I know you will miss her for a long time but she is safe from harm and pain now and you gave her a lovely life, everything she could have asked for.

I'm so very sorry for your loss :cry: I'm keeping you in my thoughts at this very difficult time. I'm so sorry it seems to have been a sudden decision, even when we prepare ourselves for the inevitability, it's so hard when it's one needing immediate attention. (((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

May the memory of Bumble and her longtime presence and love in your heart give you comfort.
Binky free, dear Bumble. xxxxxxx

Back