• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Losing Bumble

bumblicious

Warren Veteran
I'm losing her
Took her home for palliative care after her X ray but she's worse than before.
Got cancer a bad one. Can't operate. And her lungs are bad too. But she still had life in her and there was a chance they could operate so I put her for the X ray. I regret it all now cos I think she'll go in the next couple of days now.
If I hadn't done it we would have had more time with her

I'm losing her
Took her home for palliative care after her X ray but she's worse than before.
Got cancer a bad one. Can't operate. And her lungs are bad too. But she still had life in her and there was a chance they could operate so I put her for the X ray. I regret it all now cos I think she'll go in the next couple of days now.
If I hadn't done it we would have had more time with her

Oh no, I am so so sorry. Agreeing to her having the Xray will not have been the cause of her rapid deterioration. You were just trying to do everything possible to try to help her. The Vet would not have agreed to the Xray if he/she thought it would be pointless. I realise that there are no words that will be of any real comfort to you at this very sad time :cry: Having 'more time' with her would obviously be 'better' for you, but if Bumble is feeling very tired and poorly a more rapid peaceful pacing would be 'better' for her.

Forgive me if this seems inappropriate, but I'd take a small clipping of Bumble's fur. You may then want to obtain a Keepsake locket to put the fur in once she has passed. I did this for Inspector Morse, I have both a keepsake locket with his fur in and I had a glass bead made with his fur in too. The glass bead is on a bracelet and the locket is on a necklace. I wear both every day and they offer me a lot of comfort.

Sending you lots of hugs. I hope that E will be able to help you through your grief and that explaining to E what is happening regarding Bumble will be possible for you xx

I'm sad to hear your update. Loads of vibes for bumble & you during such a difficult time xx

I'm so very sorry to see this news :cry: I hope that the time you have remaining with her will be as comfortable as possible and that you can still make some happy memories with her. Lots of pictures, maybe. I did that with my three as much as I could. (((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))
Thinking of you and sending comforting vibes your way. xxxxxxx

I am so sorry to read this update -it is always a very sad time when we feel our loved ones slipping away from us. I am sure Bumble will have the most abundance of love and care from you and I hope that you both get as much time as possible together. Sending you hugs. xx

Thank you everyone. she has moved now instead of just sitting there so maybe she'll go back to how she was and i'll get a bit more time with her....
it's just it's not just me is it that loses her it's Butter-Bean and they love each other so much it's just like a double loss isn't it

I'm new here but I feel for you and I want to support you during this very difficult time. Its obvious that you have a lot of love for Bumble and this is the main thing. Bumble is very lucky to have such a caring owner as yourself so try not to beat yourself up too much. With love. x

It sounds like Bumble is surrounded by love. While it is hard not to think of the future, Bramble may surprise you and be with you longer than you may expect.
Sending you and Bumble and all Bumble's loves, lots of hugs.

Thank you everyone
I've been to the vets to look at the X rays (couldn't see them the other day as something wasn't charged or something like that)
Got more pain relief, see if that works or not.
My job is to make sure she has as good life as possible while she's with me. I will do that
I hope I've given her a good life.

I asked her if we'd done an X ray 2 months ago would we have been to save her. (When she was just diagnosed with arthritis and there was no lump)
She said no it's a very aggressive cancer

Back