• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating :(

Graciee

Staff member
I've changed her litter tray to see output, she's refusing everything though :( she's moulting quite badly so could be that, I've seen her drinking which is good, but might be a trip to the vets :( wish I could see an exotic vet, but that's not possible today :/

I'd never normally do this.. But I'm considering giving her some loxicom, I know her dose and my vet said I could give it if she seemed in pain (for something else) but she'd let me judge it.. So I have it and her dose.. Idk though :(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry Clementine is off colour. You have your vets ok so I'd give some metacam & see if she picks up in the next hour or 2. Lots of vibes

Oh poor thing :(
How is she now? Feeling better I hope x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh poor thing :(
How is she now? Feeling better I hope x

Thanks everyone xx

She's had one of her urinary support tablets treats and a fenugreek crunchie, carrot tops (rip my tiny carrots, pulled too soon[emoji38]) some ribwort and some basil, just little bits basically, but no output :( haven't given her any loxicom yet, might do in a min, if no output soon boyfriend is going to take her to the vets and get some gut meds and a blood glucose test :( I just wish she'd poop!

I'm sorry that Clementine is not eating. Personally, if your boyfriend is going to take her to the vets soon, I would hold off on the Loxicom, as it may distort the findings of the vet when assessing if and where she is in pain. I hope that she poops soon.

That sounds more positive if she’s eating. Glad there is progress and hope you start to see some output soon. They certainly know how to worry us!!

Okay so she's popped... [emoji51] The smell was uh offensive to say the least, she moved away from it in the litter tray, then went back to smell it.. Looked rather disgruntled, and hopped away... [emoji38]

I've attached a picture for everyone's viewing pleasure, my boyfriend broke it open, it's all hair.. He said its like a cecotrope but inside is hair and normal poop consistency (was golden inside)

She's eating grass now, and some hay.. I still don't know what to do, my hesitation is I know the vet isn't rabbit savvy and that she really goes down hill when she goes there.. We've agreed in the next hour if there's no more she'll be going though.
f4115033df828d2f9bf279b8af171473.jpg

How is she now? topping up the vibes.
There's a large pile of tiny black poops!

Really don't know what to do, she's not really eating on her own, she will eat fun things I'm picking from the garden, and nibbling hay but she's not like really eating like normal, I can ring my vets at 9am tomorrow and hopefully get her seen, where she can have an xray and everything but until then I'm still not sure whether to go to the unsavvy vets just for gut meds or not [emoji51] any other bun and I'd have been down there.. But Clementine is terrible with vets, with how aggressive she gets, it really stresses her out :( if she'd start nibbling more hay consistently I'd feel better about waiting longer.. But Idk.

Okay so she's popped... [emoji51] The smell was uh offensive to say the least, she moved away from it in the litter tray, then went back to smell it.. Looked rather disgruntled, and hopped away... [emoji38]

I've attached a picture for everyone's viewing pleasure, my boyfriend broke it open, it's all hair.. He said its like a cecotrope but inside is hair and normal poop consistency (was golden inside)

She's eating grass now, and some hay.. I still don't know what to do, my hesitation is I know the vet isn't rabbit savvy and that she really goes down hill when she goes there.. We've agreed in the next hour if there's no more she'll be going though.
f4115033df828d2f9bf279b8af171473.jpg

dear graciee,--try wet grasses,greens[kale,romaine lettuce,etc]-for tummy upset-try infant simethicone,and I use a stethoscope to follow all the way through the gitract..--to diagnose poops http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html --the fur in the poop is due to the molting,try to comb/brush her out..you are very correct about exotic dvm,s-[too few and far between].-and a good one is worth her weight in gold..-I once took a rabbit to a dog/cat vet--and I repeat once,-I have been learning about rabbits[over a decade]- from -good exotic dvm,s,-the internet--failure isnot an option,,.-and I am your friend--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Sorry I missed this yesterday. I hope that Clementine has improved a lot overnight. Could her bladder be sore again and the primary cause of her stasis ?

Sorry I missed this yesterday. I hope that Clementine has improved a lot overnight. Could her bladder be sore again and the primary cause of her stasis ?
Yea that's what I'm worried about :( just waiting for the vets to open, praying my vet is in today too.

She's not really been much over night.. Although she's in a really good mood... She's been binkying and had the zoomies bad since 5am she keeps binkying into my foot [emoji849] but there's barely any output so Idk how she can be feeling so good? [emoji849]

Was 10 mins away from the vet, and they cancelled our appointment :( home now, going back later, really not great :/

Sending lots of vibes for Clementine she sounds like she's doing ok? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back