• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating :(

Thanks everyone for the support xx

Clementine just bit me :/ so she's clearly very unhappy :/ I was trying to give her, her meds and she was normal then she bit my wrist and ran off, drew blood as well [emoji849] I got her back and she took them fine, then hopped away, then came back over looking for her treat she gets after she's had them [emoji849][emoji849] and begged til I got it for her [emoji849] just cannot believe she bit me, its so not her.. Well apparently it is at the vets but she's never been like that with me :( I must have really upset her :(

More positive news is, there's poops again and they're a pretty decent size! Hopefully that continues and she won't be back and forth from the vet, she really hates it there :(

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry Clememtine is still out of sorts. If it's any consolation, my Fudgie never bites me but she did once when I was trying to give her meds during a stasis episode. I guess being poorly just makes them act out of character.

At least it's positive that her poos are looking better now. I've often found that cisipride works really well, so hopefully it will help her start to turn the corner soon. I also think it's encouraging that she still wanted her treat afterwards.

Lots of hugs. It's really distressing when they're unwell and seem to take ages before they start to get better xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry Clememtine is still out of sorts. If it's any consolation, my Fudgie never bites me but she did once when I was trying to give her meds during a stasis episode. I guess being poorly just makes them act out of character.

At least it's positive that her poos are looking better now. I've often found that cisipride works really well, so hopefully it will help her start to turn the corner soon. I also think it's encouraging that she still wanted her treat afterwards.

Lots of hugs. It's really distressing when they're unwell and seem to take ages before they start to get better xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thank you, that does help actually, its funny really if one of my hamsters bit me I'd be like ah it happens! But the buns.. I never ever think they'd do anything like that to me, Atticus had some issues after his neuter where he'd bite anyone who got near him, but that was for other reasons and is sorted.. So yea I never expect the buns to hurt me.. So I was a bit heartbroken when she did :( also don't like the idea I drove her to do that :(

Yea couldn't believe the cheek of it when she came back for the treat [emoji38] but definitely a positive, I just hope she gets better.. Only issue is.. Once she's better she's gotta have a 28 day course of panacur [emoji51] which isn't ideal xx

How is Clementine today?
Thanks for asking :)

She's similar, she's started accepting treats again, but that's about it, there's some poop, but it's not consistent. I just gave her some more meds and afterwards she just sat there and she nudged me which means pet me [emoji38] so I did and I groomed her back with my hand and got a load more fur off, and she was licking everything in sight like normal, so that was more positive than last night [emoji38]

I really hope she will be feeling better soon, sending lots more vibes and hugs xx

I really hope she will be feeling better soon, sending lots more vibes and hugs xx
Thanks Zoobec :)

There's some more poop! But she's still not herself, it's been a week now I think? [emoji51]

She's not upset about medicine anymore either, back to normal, she's always been fine about it, especially after her knee ops and before them she got very used to hands on care and didn't really mind tbh. Sometimes she gives me a look after, but tbh she does that anyway, she kinda has a BRF [emoji38][emoji38]

So Idk if it was the stress from the vets a few hours before that did it on Friday or what.. She does get very aggressive there :( so Idk! Either way she's back to being herself and I'm just hoping more poops appear and more nomming happens!

Topping up the poop-vibes from all here. Lets hope that things settle down for Clementine this week. xx

And the saga continues [emoji849]

Blood glucose now 11.6

Stopping the loxicom because she's been on it for weeks [emoji51] which I'm worried about, but if she looks painful I'm just to give it, same with tramadol we've stopped giving, so anything bad happens ima just give both [emoji51]

Have more Emeprid, she's just being having Cisapride for a day or so as I ran out of Emeprid but she was doing okay on just that, but as we are stopping pain relief, we are doing both again..

Have Ranitidine for the first time ever too, Zantac? I think that's its other name, I've heard of it and hope it helps her, vet said as well as protecting the stomach? It should keep things moving aswell so hopefully with all three and the fibreplex which I have to say I think has helped.. Hopefully she won't be in any pain and can get back to normal - here's hoping, Clementine never half does a task does she! [emoji51][emoji38][emoji38]

And the saga continues [emoji849]

Blood glucose now 11.6

Stopping the loxicom because she's been on it for weeks [emoji51] which I'm worried about, but if she looks painful I'm just to give it, same with tramadol we've stopped giving, so anything bad happens ima just give both [emoji51]

Have more Emeprid, she's just being having Cisapride for a day or so as I ran out of Emeprid but she was doing okay on just that, but as we are stopping pain relief, we are doing both again..

Have Ranitidine for the first time ever too, Zantac? I think that's its other name, I've heard of it and hope it helps her, vet said as well as protecting the stomach? It should keep things moving aswell so hopefully with all three and the fibreplex which I have to say I think has helped.. Hopefully she won't be in any pain and can get back to normal - here's hoping, Clementine never half does a task does she! [emoji51][emoji38][emoji38]

What a worry :cry: I hope the change in medication helps. Sending more vibes xx

What a worry :cry: I hope the change in medication helps. Sending more vibes xx
Thanks, that zantac stuff urghhh the smell made me feel sick, Clementine hated it, and managed to get it on my face [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

I hope things turn a corner for Clem soon, you must be exhausted caring for & worrying about her xx

Thanks, that zantac stuff urghhh the smell made me feel sick, Clementine hated it, and managed to get it on my face [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

I can’t imagine anybun liking Zantac :lol: I really hope she is feeling better soon. Sending lots more vibes and hugs xx

I hope things turn a corner for Clem soon, you must be exhausted caring for & worrying about her xx
Thanks, yea it just goes on and on and it's so tricky making sure I'm home for meds, especially when they're 3 times a day :( sometimes I've just not made it home in time :( xx

I can’t imagine anybun liking Zantac [emoji38] I really hope she is feeling better soon. Sending lots more vibes and hugs xx
Well I'm not a fan [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] thanks Zoobec :) xx

Ranitidine is great stuff, Snowy has it whenever she gets stasis, or alongside antibiotics to keep her gut slowing down and it really helps.
Sending love for you and Clementine x

Ranitidine is great stuff, Snowy has it whenever she gets stasis, or alongside antibiotics to keep her gut slowing down and it really helps.
Sending love for you and Clementine x
Thinking of you and Clementine and sending lots of vibes.
Thanks both, I had a hospital appointment this afternoon really didn't wanna leave her.. But I came home to a pile of poops! :D cleaned it out.. Just looked, another little pile! :D I hope this is good news and continues :D

Back