• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snowy isn’t right :’(

nap91

Mama Doe
Woke up today and she was sat in a small ball hunched over with eyes closed, shaking slightly and not eating. I gave her usual gut meds but after 5 mins I just got a feeling it’s more than that. I’ve had to go out but my husband is at home and I’ve managed to get a appointment at the vet my friend works at which opens on Sundays.

I’m so worried :cry: :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes for you and Snowy, I hope the vet can help xxx

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Just had a call from husband, the vet said she was in early stasis and completely dehydrated, which is really odd because I watched her drink loads last night! She’s moulting badly at the moment so perhaps it is something to do with that.

Anyway she’s been given IV fluids, and the vet gave us a different medicine to her usual to help with the stasis. £50 later, she gets home and starts nibbling on fenugreek and lettuce!! [emoji849]

Will see how she is when I get home and maybe syringe feed if needed. Thanks for everyone’s comments xx

Just had a call from husband, the vet said she was in early stasis and completely dehydrated, which is really odd because I watched her drink loads last night! She’s moulting badly at the moment so perhaps it is something to do with that.

Anyway she’s been given IV fluids, and the vet gave us a different medicine to her usual to help with the stasis. £50 later, she gets home and starts nibbling on fenugreek and lettuce!! [emoji849]

Will see how she is when I get home and maybe syringe feed if needed. Thanks for everyone’s comments xx

I really hope that she will start to recover now that she has had some treatment. Sending more vibes for her xx

Oh Snowy! My buns have done this to be before: woken in the morning to find them in the early stages of stasis. Moulting season does seem to be the danger time for this happening.

It's good that she's had a bit of nibble. Hopefully she's starting to feel a bit better and will be back on top form soon.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, just got in and she’s *touch wood* back to her normal gutsy self! So glad she was able to see the vet. This was the face that just greeted me for food when I went to see her!

f0b5caa5b1f7a07bd6ca369b3a981dd4.jpg

Bunderful update and so pleased that Snowy is feeling better. Fantastic that you acted so quickly and your actions certainly helped to improve Snowy. Topping up the vibes and hope Snowy continues to munch her way through the next few days. xx

Back