Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowy isnít right :í(

Just had a call from husband, the vet said she was in early stasis and completely dehydrated, which is really odd because I watched her drink loads last night! Sheís moulting badly at the moment so perhaps it is something to do with that.

Anyway sheís been given IV fluids, and the vet gave us a different medicine to her usual to help with the stasis. £50 later, she gets home and starts nibbling on fenugreek and lettuce!!

Will see how she is when I get home and maybe syringe feed if needed. Thanks for everyoneís comments xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Just had a call from husband, the vet said she was in early stasis and completely dehydrated, which is really odd because I watched her drink loads last night! She’s moulting badly at the moment so perhaps it is something to do with that.

Anyway she’s been given IV fluids, and the vet gave us a different medicine to her usual to help with the stasis. £50 later, she gets home and starts nibbling on fenugreek and lettuce!!

Will see how she is when I get home and maybe syringe feed if needed. Thanks for everyone’s comments xx

I really hope that she will start to recover now that she has had some treatment. Sending more vibes for her xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Oh Snowy! My buns have done this to be before: woken in the morning to find them in the early stages of stasis. Moulting season does seem to be the danger time for this happening.

It's good that she's had a bit of nibble. Hopefully she's starting to feel a bit better and will be back on top form soon.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Topping up the vibes for continued eating x

Sending lots of vibes for her, I hope she will carry on eating now xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

All sounds promising,hopefully Snowy will continue to be ok!

Thanks everyone, just got in and sheís *touch wood* back to her normal gutsy self! So glad she was able to see the vet. This was the face that just greeted me for food when I went to see her!

aww bless, pleased it was a short lived episode

Bunderful update and so pleased that Snowy is feeling better. Fantastic that you acted so quickly and your actions certainly helped to improve Snowy. Topping up the vibes and hope Snowy continues to munch her way through the next few days. xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I really hope Snowy is continuing to do well

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx