• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 Fighting Female Bunnies

I have two bunnies one is 15 weeks old and the other is a year old. The Year old (Mya) is super calm with the little bunny, but on the other hand, the 15 week old (Indie) has always started to attack her. They both grunt and attack at eachother. I want them to bond but im not sure what to do. Help?!?

fighting

I have two bunnies one is 15 weeks old and the other is a year old. The Year old (Mya) is super calm with the little bunny, but on the other hand, the 15 week old (Indie) has always started to attack her. They both grunt and attack at eachother. I want them to bond but im not sure what to do. Help?!?
dear passionbowen,-the older[mya]-has claimed territiory,and being territorial--please separate the two-as no good can come of it--sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa:love::wave:

Hello

Are you 100% certain that Indie is female ?

Is Mya spayed ? I am assuming she is ????

Two Does can be the most difficult to bond and they both need to have been spayed. So you may need to separate them until Indie is spayed as she will be approaching puberty now so any aggressive behaviour toward Mya is only going to get worse. If a full on fight ensues it will be very unlikely that you could re-bond them even after Indie's spay.

Hello

Are you 100% certain that Indie is female ?

Is Mya spayed ? I am assuming she is ????

Two Does can be the most difficult to bond and they both need to have been spayed. So you may need to separate them until Indie is spayed as she will be approaching puberty now so any aggressive behaviour toward Mya is only going to get worse. If a full on fight ensues it will be very unlikely that you could re-bond them even after Indie's spay.

I agree with this:thumb: I would recommend waiting until at least 6 weeks after spaying to allow hormones to subside, and bonding needs to be in a relatively small neutral area where neither rabbit has been.

Back