• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skinny bunny

I recentlt go two gorgeous babies, a bunny and a guinea pig. The two are absolutely mad about eachother my piggy hates going anywhere without daisy and always follows her around and grooms her. But something I noticed was he has gotten very fat and done a lot of growing but Daisy is still really small and frail. Even though she's really fluffy she's also very boney and seems to have trouble getting her teeth into treats and things.
Binx which is the guinea pig is about 10 weeks and Daisy is about 11/ 12.
Is it normal for baby bunnies to be so thin? If not any ideas whats going on?
She's also started looking very scruffy especially her nose but I don't know if its down to poor grooming or lifestyle?
858d9c23cdb270665f3b19114a239d9c.jpg
67ec4e4a4be74b48e2fafdfc0d0b054f.jpg
38dd199f0c0afe7c0f50b639d3864b88.jpg
06b2f4eb51af0ff72a5aec7615c95012.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Your bunny a piggy are very cute.
Do you weigh your bunny, or are you just going by your bunny's feel/appearance? Has your Daisy been checked by a vet? Parasites could be one possible explanation. Is your bunny drinking enough water? How are your bunny's poos? Also, check this web site for suggestions on diet.

They are both gorgeous :love: I’m afraid it’s not recommended/ advisable to mix rabbits and guinea pigs, due to injuries that can occur, illnesses that can be transferred, and their different diet requirements. they would be much better with friends of their own kind. I would take your rabbit to the vets for a checkup and they can advise on treatment.

Agree with Zoobec, they have different dietary requirements which might explain some of what you're experiencing, and there is also a risk of injury to your piggy (well really either one could be injured but more likely to be piggy). I would definitely take your bunny to the vet in case there's something else going on, particularly if she is having trouble eating. I did used to have a rabbit who was friendly with my guinea pigs so I know they can at times get along, but they lived separately and were fed separately. Generally they are happiest with a friend of their own kind.

Back