• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi

Bunzicles

New Kit
Hi :wave:,

Have had my wonderful bunz Bluebell for about 18 months now. She is a British Giant cross. Me and my partner are completely smitten with her. I'd had rabbits as a kid, but I'm ashamed to say I never appreciated just how intelligent and awesome they are. I've learned so much and she has taught me so much.

She's a 7 year old free roam house bunny. She dictates when she wants to go outside and mow the lawn, normally by impatiently chewing the backdoor. If for some reason I don't respond straight away she'll stare dolefully with her big blue eyes and demand petting for about 5 minutes before she starts chewing the back door again. She has me well trained.

After her morning garden time, she spends most of the afternoon in her nook next to the sofa. She’s pretty chill for the rest of the day until early evening time, when she’ll come out into the communal area and spend the evening sitting on, or next, to our feet watching TV, requesting petting, or pets us. I think being a larger breed, along with her individual personality and age, she’s not as energetic and hyper as younger, smaller bunnies. Unless it’s feeding time, in which case she’ll chase us with big, hopeful, expectant eyes.

She’s very keen on keeping her home ordered and harmonious. If for some reason there’s tension in the house (eg: we have to pick her up for nail clipping/bringing her inside before she wants to come inside etc), she’ll let us know she’s not happy, but demands reconciliation and reassurance pretty quickly. If for some reason me and my partner raise our voices, (often about politics - not that we disagree, just animated incredulity and agreement mostly) she’ll thump to tell us off then demand nose rubs.

She’s such a sweet, kind girl. I’m in awe of her nature, and the way she has turned me and my partner into ‘crazy bunny people’.

We wanted to bond her with another rabbit, but because she isn't neutered, it's not been possible. Past guardians had apparently tried, but she wasn't having any of it. The vet advised us against getting her neutered due to her age. So we have wilfully become surrogate ape-bunnies. Learning ‘bunny language’ and to communicate with her has been a wonderful gift and a surreal experience. We often binky and zoomy around the garden with her. I think our bunny language skills are well below par, but Bluebell is very patient with us, lol.

Anyway, after lurking on this forum for a while, it’s nice to finally sign up :)

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: Bluebell sounds adorable :love: I look forward to hearing more about her :thumb:

Hello and welcome. I am loving the name of your British Giant cross - Bluebell. Would love to see some photos of Bluebell and hope you find the forum interesting and feel free to join in wth any of the discussion topics. x

Hi welcome to RU :wave: Bluebell sounds a real character, and absoluteyly adorable, sounds like she has you both right under her paw ! I would love to see you and your partner binkying in the garden :lol: I look forward to hearing more about your girl, and we love to see bunny photos on the forum :D

Hi, welcome to Rabbits United. You're in the right place for advice, help, support and of course plenty of bunny photos to gaze upon.

Back