• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thread About Lord Herbert - U/D 16th Oct - Doing Better Now :-)

Aww bless him,he's such a gentle looking soul.The only comfort is he is not aware what's going on and hopefully it does not cause him too much discomfort.You as the witness etc do and you feel for him as well as yourself.Hugs to you and nose rubs for him xx.

Exactly this. He seems very laid back :love:

Poor Lord H has had a bad couple of days with his neurological problems :cry: In himself he seems 'fine', eating (non stop) and pottering about his enclosure. But he has had two quite bad seizures and the second one resulted in him biting his tongue, so he now has a sore mouth :cry: How he is still eating everything and anything I dont know. I am in awe of his stoicism. Seeing him having a seizure is so upsetting, all I can do is try to minimise the risk of him hurting himself, adjusting all auditory/visual stimulation in his environment and have a Diazepam Spansule to hand should the seizure go on for a long time. Once his seizure has ended, he sits in a trance like state for up to 10 minutes, then he just goes back to doing 'normal' Bunny things as if nothing happened.

Could it be that because he is not able to think 'why am I having seizures ? Will I have another one and if so when?' Am I going to die during a seizure ?' -that he is able to just carry on as normal (for him) after each episode ? He really is the most chilled out Bunny and despite being as deaf as a post nothing phases him. I think the only thing that would stress him out is if his food supply was reduced !!

I took this pic about 10 minutes ago.

APIK76h.jpg

Bless him, I’m sorry he’s had a bad few days :cry: he’s got no idea of his issues I’m sure. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Sorry to hear that he’s had a bad few days. He obviously still has a good quality of life with you though and is still recovering well. :love:

I think we are all guilty of putting human feelings onto our pets,when in reality they literally live in the moment.That's not to say they don't remember things .I'm well aware of dogs,cats etc remembering bad things etc.But I think something like seizures,there is no memory of the episode.My late brother had seizures ,sadly Alcohol induced,he didn't remember having them.He did have the aches due to muscle spasms.Sadly this was in the days before smart phones or I would have recorded them and shown him.Wehad to witness him roaring ,clenching turning blue/grey etc.Sorry to be graphic but that's what happens in some cases.

I think we are all guilty of putting human feelings onto our pets,when in reality they literally live in the moment.That's not to say they don't remember things .I'm well aware of dogs,cats etc remembering bad things etc.But I think something like seizures,there is no memory of the episode.My late brother had seizures ,sadly Alcohol induced,he didn't remember having them.He did have the aches due to muscle spasms.Sadly this was in the days before smart phones or I would have recorded them and shown him.Wehad to witness him roaring ,clenching turning blue/grey etc.Sorry to be graphic but that's what happens in some cases.

Gosh, I am so sorry that your Brother was/is so poorly due to Alcoholism. The illness affects everyone who cares about the alcoholic and can have a profound effect on the lives of many :cry:

Oh goodness, the poor little thing. I'm really sorry he's had a bad few days :( I can only imagine how upsetting it is to see him have a seizure and not really be able to help in a way that you'd like to be able to. But you're doing everything you can for him so please try to take comfort in that.
Rabbits are truly remarkable creatures, in many ways they're so incredibly fragile that you just want to wrap them in bubblewrap and cotton wool (not literally!!!), they just seem so delicate. Yet they have such a remarkable resilience and ability to cope with things they really shouldn't be able to and just brush it off and carry on. They're truly remarkable little things, strong way beyond their size. As you say, you can't help but be in awe of them sometimes.
I really hope he starts to improve soon, as far as it is possible for him to with his ongoing problems.

Thank you Jane he died aged 53 thirteen years ago in front of me,Thankfully his daughter aged 18 at the time was at college.Hd left her an orphan as her mum died when she was two .I brought her up.She's now happy with her partner and a two month old son.He was drinking long before he was married.Some folk have addictive personalities sadly.

Thank you Jane he died aged 53 thirteen years ago in front of me,Thankfully his daughter aged 18 at the time was at college.Hd left her an orphan as her mum died when she was two .I brought her up.She's now happy with her partner and a two month old son.He was drinking long before he was married.Some folk have addictive personalities sadly.

Indeed they do. It does not make them a 'bad' person, more often than not they are a very sad person. But the knock on effect of their illness can be devastating. I am glad that his daughter has found a happy stable life and is blessed with being a Mother :love: I am sure the nurturing she received from you enabled her to get to where she is now x

Hoping that Lord H is going to have a calm and stable weekend. (((((((((((((No seizures vibes)))))))))))))))) I'm sorry he's been poorly Jane. I think of you all every day and hope that things are going well.

(((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) for you. It's so hard to watch our precious ones going through such troubles. xxxxx

Please may Lord H have some special RU vibes. He has had another seizure today :cry: It was not as bad as they can be, but it is obviously not 'good news' :cry:

rcKvMgW.jpg

:cry:

Thank you both, he is back to what is 'normal' for him now and chomping his way through a pile of Timothy hay :love: He is a remarkable Rabbit. It's just that his brain is wired all wrong. Rather like mine really !!

Back