• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There are times when.....

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
You wish you had your phone or video camera handy.
Henry and Lillian have been enjoying the warm evening tonight and few things make me smile and grin as much as seeing a nethie in full flight.
Lillian was sitting 3/4 way up the garden, munching away, stuffing her jaws with grass off the lawn and I was gazing on from the kitchen window. Henry must have taken one of his 'mad moment' pills and came full flight out of the garage, tearing down the path, into the kitchen, through the living room, a lap round the table and back out of the kitchen door and straight up the garden. As he bounded up the grass, a big white and grey obstacle was in his path and Henry is in Usain Bolt mode. I watched in horror from the kitchen window, expecting the carnage to happen but, as Lillian stopped stuffing grass into her mouth and looked at the impending missile speeding towards her, she turned, looked at Henry and quick as you like, Henry just put a casual leap into his run, and bounded full over Lillian in an action that an olympic high jumper would have been proud of. Judged to perfection and all I saw from my vantage point was the white floof of Henry's back feetsies, and Lillian in slow motion watching this brown missile springing over her body. If only I'd captured it on video, you would all see what I was talking about.

Back