Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Partial incontinence? Uti?

I'll see how he goes with massively cut down pellets and if that doesn't work I'll try him pellet free. I just worry because one of my previous giants was really hard to keep weight on - I had to have him on a&p breeder and grower, a big bowl full every day.

One of the people coming is going to check his bum so that'll be once a day, and he's getting two other visits for hay and general checking he's eating and behaving normally. I've given his entire pen including rug a good scrub and I've asked the bum checker to send me pics of his pen and litter tray so if there's anything to really worry about I can come home.

What are the oxbow things Graciee?

Really good normal looking poops all day today. Hoping we might have a few trouble free days while we're away.

Hi Battlekat, how did you get on? Iím having similar problems with my rabbit very regularly.

While we were away he was on measured pellets and hay and we had two splodges of liquid poop on his rug but otherwise good poo of normal shape and consistency (my brother was nice enough to send pics every day ��)
    Since we got home he's been absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    While we were away he was on measured pellets and hay and we had two splodges of liquid poop on his rug but otherwise good poo of normal shape and consistency (my brother was nice enough to send pics every day ��)
    Since we got home he's been absolutely fine.
    Sounds as though things have settled down now. I certainly hope so xx

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

I've been trying him with coriander this week and he seems fine still. He's had a small handful every day for the last four days. Thinking I'll try it for a fortnight and then trial something new, maybe fenugreek crunchies since they're my main weapon against the willful and stubborn nature of rabbits

I've been trying him with coriander this week and he seems fine still. He's had a small handful every day for the last four days. Thinking I'll try it for a fortnight and then trial something new, maybe fenugreek crunchies since they're my main weapon against the willful and stubborn nature of rabbits
    That sounds to be a positive update. Have you ever tried him on fresh fenugreek (AKA Methi) ? Mine are going crazy for it atm. Trouble is it does make their wee smell of Methi for several days

NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

I haven't - is it easy to grow?

I haven't - is it easy to grow?
    No idea !! I buy mine from a local branch of Asda. I am the last person to ask about growing plants/herbs etc, I just have to look at them and they die Omi may know xx

I'm now more certain than its at least partly emotionally triggered.
    I've been bonding obi with lola (in unorthodox ways but it's been working for us) and last night she refused to leave his pen when I went to bed so I left them together. She didn't want to come out this morning either but then in the afternoon she seemed to have had enough of him and left.
    Since then he's been very annoyed and keeps pulling at the gate of his pen, and we've had the liquid poop on the floor. I let him out for a minute so I could go in and clean it up and he dripped brown spots everywhere he went.

He hasn't had anything unusual food wise.

The other times it happened worse than a couple of spots were also been after potentially upsetting events - a stranger going in to his pen and stroking him, a big shock and after we had to handle him to inspect his ears and clip his claws.

I'm now more certain than its at least partly emotionally triggered.
    I've been bonding obi with lola (in unorthodox ways but it's been working for us) and last night she refused to leave his pen when I went to bed so I left them together. She didn't want to come out this morning either but then in the afternoon she seemed to have had enough of him and left.
    Since then he's been very annoyed and keeps pulling at the gate of his pen, and we've had the liquid poop on the floor. I let him out for a minute so I could go in and clean it up and he dripped brown spots everywhere he went.

He hasn't had anything unusual food wise.

The other times it happened worse than a couple of spots were also been after potentially upsetting events - a stranger going in to his pen and stroking him, a big shock and after we had to handle him to inspect his ears and clip his claws.
    The issue Atticus has can be triggered by him being upset or scared too I've noticed

I just realised I didn't reply about the oxbow treats sorry about that - these are them - oxbow digestive support - you can get it on amazon or the hay experts I think? Lots of places sell them online, I've seen it in some vets too, there's a whole range, my female buns on the urinary support ones too.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk