Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partial incontinence? Uti?

Default Partial incontinence? Uti?

I'll try and keep this brief but some of it might be completely irrelevant.

Obi was perfectly litter trained when we got him (10 weeks old)
    About a week before his neuter (I think) he started peeing outside of his tray and I hoped neutering would sort him out
    He's now 3 weeks post neuter and still occasional wees outside his tray but the majority is in his tray.
    More concerning are the spots of very dark urine that keep happening - sometimes several together.
    There's also often bits of soft poo, not cecals but not properly formed poo, and they're usually covered in the really dark wee which I suppose could be completely liquid poo?
    Earlier he got scared and weed himself, and I noticed after I shut him away that there's a trail of spots of wee from some other point in the evening.

Anyone have any ideas what's up? Is it just normal recovery from neutering?

Eta: I had a look at the sofa before coming to bed and the bit that seems like a smear of wee is crispy. Is that maybe something from a scent gland? Boy does stink on and off.
    Last edited by BattleKat; 22-08-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    I'll try and keep this brief but some of it might be completely irrelevant.

Obi was perfectly litter trained when we got him (10 weeks old)
    About a week before his neuter (I think) he started peeing outside of his tray and I hoped neutering would sort him out
    He's now 3 weeks post neuter and still occasional wees outside his tray but the majority is in his tray.
    More concerning are the spots of very dark urine that keep happening - sometimes several together.
    There's also often bits of soft poo, not cecals but not properly formed poo, and they're usually covered in the really dark wee which I suppose could be completely liquid poo?
    Earlier he got scared and weed himself, and I noticed after I shut him away that there's a trail of spots of wee from some other point in the evening.

Anyone have any ideas what's up? Is it just normal recovery from neutering?

Eta: I had a look at the sofa before coming to bed and the bit that seems like a smear of wee is crispy. Is that maybe something from a scent gland? Boy does stink on and off.
    It sounds more like it is liquid from his bowels, not wee. Does he ever pass big oval fecal poo and/or splats of unformed cecotrophs ?

Might sound an irrelevant question, but what colour is he ?

Links to information about various health problems that can affect Rabbits :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems
    NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

I'm not really sure. I currently have to climb in to his pen through a tiny gate so I haven't been keeping an eye on his tray like I do with lola. I do remember when we got him sometimes there was like poo moosh in his tray but I figured it was unneaten cecals that he'd been sitting in.
    I'll inspect his tray properly on my lunch break.

He's agouti.
    Last edited by BattleKat; 23-08-2019 at 08:18 AM.

So we've got some fully formed caecals (that he hasn't eaten, but I think he eats most of them)
    A bit of caecal with some squishy poop attached to
    Mostly good poo but also somewhat tear drop shaped in many cases (one quite pronounced)
    A couple of very moist poos
    Some sort of squished up moist poo that I found on the carpet.

Are you thinking megacolon? I could cry this morning. I don't want to end up with them shut away in their own room again
    Last edited by BattleKat; 23-08-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Thought I'd add he's a conti cross so the big poops are normal.
    Also he's still having a lot of junior pellets because he's still growing. I've been switching him over to SS adult. He also gets half a large bunch of herbs every few days. I'll start keeping a diary and see if there's any relation between the leaking and which foods I've given him.
    Last edited by BattleKat; 23-08-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Thought I'd add he's a conti cross so the big poops are normal.
    Also he's still having a lot of junior pellets because he's still growing. I've been switching him over to SS adult. He also gets half a large bunch of herbs every few days. I'll start keeping a diary and see if there's any relation between the leaking and which foods I've given him.
    I would not start panicking about possible Megacolon yet. Have you wormed him ?

What brand of pellets are you feeding, Excel can sometimes cause similar issues for some Rabbits.

Has he been neutered ? (Sorry, dont know how old he is)

NB- If you think your Rabbit is unwell it is essential to seek immediate veterinary attention.

Thankyou ever so much Jane. I do tend to get ahead of myself and panic with these things.

He hasn't been wormed but I've got some panacur left over from when we suspected Rambo had EC so I can start that tomorrow. We go away in just over a week so I've about got time for a 9 day course.

He's been on excel junior as that's what the rescue had him on but I've been introducing him to SS adult over the last couple of weeks and can ditch the excel from today.

He's about five months old, neutered maybe three weeks back.

Thankyou ever so much Jane. I do tend to get ahead of myself and panic with these things.

He hasn't been wormed but I've got some panacur left over from when we suspected Rambo had EC so I can start that tomorrow. We go away in just over a week so I've about got time for a 9 day course.

He's been on excel junior as that's what the rescue had him on but I've been introducing him to SS adult over the last couple of weeks and can ditch the excel from today.

He's about five months old, neutered maybe three weeks back.
    Have you tried him on Fibafirst ? Personally that is my preferred choice over any pelleted feed

https://supremepetfoods.com/fiba-first-2/

Do you feed him any carrots at all, or fruit ? If so I'd cut those out.

Did the 'odd poo' .........ie the passing of 'brown fluid' start after his neuter ?

I am sure that you have already done so, but just a heads up to be vigilant re him getting a mucky bum/flystrike risks etc.

He gets the odd bit of fibafirst but I've never used it as a main feed due to expense. I'll try him on the ss for now and if that doesn't help them ill try exclusively fibafirst.

He never has carrot but does get the ocassional nibble of fruit of I'm eating it. He did have almost an entire raspberry yesterday but it was quite late in the evening after most of the "dribbling" had happened.

Its hard to say for sure re the neutering. I think there was some before the neutering but its definitely gotten worse.

I'll be sure to keep a close eye on him. Thank you

Well I got ripped to shreds finding out but he seems pretty clean downstairs. I don't think we've had any leaking or soft poops or anything today but its hard to say because the rug in his pen is covered in drops of the brown stuff.

In future, would getting him up on his back legs on a table at eye height probably be enough for me to see if he was dirty? Because that's a piece of cake and doesn't involve me bleeding

He also eagerly took his first dose of panacur.
    Last edited by BattleKat; 23-08-2019 at 07:26 PM.