• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey Stick treats for Netherlands dwarf rabbits?

Procerity

New Kit
We have a young dwarf rabbit and i was wondering how these treats are for them? I bought them at petsathome and it says safe for rabbits on the packaging but i was wondering how safe?

We have a young dwarf rabbit and i was wondering how these treats are for them? I bought them at petsathome and it says safe for rabbits on the packaging but i was wondering how safe?
Personally I wouldn't feed my rabbits anything like that, nothing with honey, egg or seeds in. I really don't think they're safe for rabbits.

I like the science selective treats and the excel ones, they do parsley pieces which you can buy in pets at home and Tesco, mine go mad for them [emoji38] also pets a home sells some of the science selective treats, they do loops and sticks, which mine also really like :) also in pets at home the fenugreek crunchies! I think they're made by rosewood.. Big favourite here :D

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn't feed my rabbits anything like that, nothing with honey, egg or seeds in. I really don't think they're safe for rabbits.

I like the science selective treats and the excel ones, they do parsley pieces which you can buy in pets at home and Tesco, mine go mad for them [emoji38] also pets a home sells some of the science selective treats, they do loops and sticks, which mine also really like :) also in pets at home the fenugreek crunchies! I think they're made by rosewood.. Big favourite here :D

Absolutely! Fresh herbs are a much better choice.

I agree with others, most rabbit treats aren't the healthiest. It can be fun to make your own though

Check out this thread from on here - we didn't start cooking til post 22

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?476549-RAW-3rd-June-GBBO/page3&highlight=bake

Foraging is an excellent way to provide natural treats for your bun, this is a great thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?455755-my-foraging-diary&highlight=foraging+diary
Oh gawd the homemade cookies [emoji38][emoji38] tbf it was very fun I'm going to do it again soon I think :D

Back