• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tulip

Oh Mike - I'm sorry to read this. I'm kind of hoping that Tulip is just trying to establish dominance but your description seems to suggest a more aggressive type of resiliance.
I hope very much that you continue with trying to bond - it may just be a slower than normal one - but I am wishing you, Tulip and Pepper all the love and vibes you need to make this work.

Tulip is a stunner. Sorry to hear bonding isn't going well...yet. Whats your bonding style / strategy?

Oh Mike - I'm sorry to read this. I'm kind of hoping that Tulip is just trying to establish dominance but your description seems to suggest a more aggressive type of resiliance.
I hope very much that you continue with trying to bond - it may just be a slower than normal one - but I am wishing you, Tulip and Pepper all the love and vibes you need to make this work.

cheers Craig. i'm also thinking it may take a long while, but i will persevere

Tulip is a stunner. Sorry to hear bonding isn't going well...yet. Whats your bonding style / strategy?

well, i think i've been a bit naive but with Pepper & Poppy i just had a fenced off area in the garden with Pepper (the new one) inside & Poppy outside, then as things looked OK, after an hr or so let Pepper out the fenced off area. After 1/2 hr or later they were best of friends.
(Poppy has since passed away so I have now got Tulip as a friend for Pepper).

i thought a similiar tactic might work again. After putting Tulip in the fenced off area Pepper scarpered but after about 1/2 hr slowly approached the fenced off area (which has some cardboard hide-aways in it). They sniff each other then Tulip lurches at pepper and as the holes in the chicken wire are 2" rather than the usual 1" she can reach him and it's pretty savage. she kinda scratches at the wire with her feet and gets her head through the mesh and attacks him. he kinda fights back for a few secs then retreats until the same thing happens a few secs later.

i think i was probs very lucky with Pepper/Poppy & so i've got her back in the house again on her own & i'm trying a more usual method - i've put a pooey pepper pet-bed in her room so she can get used to his smell & tomorrow i will transfer some of her poopy hay into his shed. i'm planning on doing this for a few more days then try locking her in Pepper's shed & put him in the front room where she's been living for the last 10 days.

What a sweetheart.:love:

I've always bonded in a small cage. Luckily fostering animals I have had all sorts of cages I could use. I've always done it indoors as well. Not easy but if you're finding it difficult you could ask if someone could do it for you.

Back